Help! No trial before wedding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Hey guys wondering if u can help I have a girl who is getting married in July the night before her big day she wants a spray tan and gel nails

On the day she wants make up and eyelashes she DOES NOT want a trail I said I'll check my app book give her a wee ring bck later

I'm not happy about it it's going to put me under pressure I feel sick

Kathryn @all about beauty

Hi,

I would say something like "As I am a professional i do insight on a trial, to gain and insight to the right look to create for your big day"

It's not right for you to feel under pressure and i would stick to your guns. Maybe give her a situation of not have the right products for her skin tone and that she wouldn't want that hassle on her wedding day.

Good luck x

Hey thanks for the reply I offered her the trail for spray tan and make up but she said she has had loads of spray tans before and never had a problem which made me feel worse :/ oh god

I understand she may not want to pay for the trail maybe I shud offer a trail at a discount for the week before and book her in for the tan 2 days before sorry if this is wrong ive just been thrown in at the deep end literally since I started :(

I only do brides with a trial! Has she had your solution before? She could be allergic? Plus she doesn't know how her tan will turn out? Its crazy! Don't pressurize yourself if your not happy refuse to do it. I always say to people its the biggest day of there lives and its not a treatment you can hide! I value my reputation and wouldn't risk it but its up to you :) Hope you get it sorted

hey guys i wrote her a wee email back just explaining that i dnt do weddings without a trial and explained the reason for a trail

ill let u all know the outcome but im not going to do something that makes me feel pressured and a tan the night before the big day is mental lol

Well done xx

I refuse any client who doesn't want a trial xx

my life is stressful enough lol

good on you hun! I also wouldn't tan a bride the night before either from my own experience. It wasn't a bad tan but it meant i couldn't really have a nice full on wash before my wedding and then had to be super careful about what lotions i put on on the big day. i could have killed for a nice re refreshing shower instead i had to wash guide colour in the morning and settle for a quick dip later in the day. I did smell clean obviously but wasn't as washed and re freshed as i would have personally liked. Two showers in one day after spray tan i personally feel isn't great for the wearability and i always find my colour is much nicer a few days later X x x

hey guys i wrote her a wee email back just explaining that i dnt do weddings without a trial and explained the reason for a trail

ill let u all know the outcome but im not going to do something that makes me feel pressured and a tan the night before the big day is mental lol

Hi Good for you,
I would never consider doing a brides make up with out a trial. Can you imagine the pressure you would feel on the day. Sometimes on the wedding day it can often be the bridesmaids or a family member who wants their make up done on the day but has not been able to come for a trial (usually if they live far away) that are the biggest pains in the backside going (rant over). I also insist these days that if they are happy with the trial and want to secure the date that they pay in full in advance as this makes things easier on they day. I hope that doesn't make me sound harsh because I am not, I have just had too many bridezillas and they seem to be on the increase!:rolleyes:

you do right, i will never forget when i got married my mum paid for me to have fake bake, so off we went the week before to have the test to see what it would look like. it all went really well until the next day it was all patchy and looked a mess i was so glad i wasnt getting married that day.
they did give me a facial to make up for it. but i would stick to my guns and say u want to do the trial run

Interesting responses, everyone is agreed that they wouldn't do a wedding make up without a trial.

And I completely understand why!!!

I've done about 6 brides on the day without a trial and I can tell you the pressure is huge. You spend a couple of days fretting about the condition of the client's skin, her age, and everything else that could be a problem on the day!!

I instruct the girls who make my appointments that if they can't convince the bride to have a trial they must tell her that they have a one hour appointment; that there is no room for error - I can't lift out colours if they decide they don't like the shade; the colours they choose are the colours they will end up with; and when the hour is up that is that as the next client will be coming through the door.

I can never understand why a bride would choose to do such a mad thing, I could be rubbish at make up for all they know.

Two of these brides had been to weddings where the brides had been to me for their make up so they felt confident they would get what they wanted but even so!!!!!!

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back