Help! Non gel eye patches due to seepage, nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmbienceTreat

Reaction score
Sorry if anyone has already asked about this, but I have searched a truck load of eye patch threads....

But, I am using gel pads and for most people they are fantastic, however, a couple of clients who are quite jittery in the eye area and blink and twitch their eyes a lot, thus tend to have quite watery eyes (even though they are advised to close and relax their eyes) are taking up to 3 1/2 hours to complete a full set of lashes! (without this messing it takes me about 1 1/2 hours)This is actually mostly down to the fact that I repeatedly need to remove, trim and reapply the patches as the gel is seeping towards the eye and on to the lashes, which I then need to remove and apply a fresh lash!

NIGHTMARE for me AND the client.

I had my own lashes done with NON gel pads about 1 1/2 years ago and they were great ( I have sensitive skin so the gel patches irritate me) Same therapist no longer available to ask!

I am NOT a fan of the micro tape method, with the messing about UNstickying the sticky etc but I CANNOT find the non gel patches anywhere!!!

CAN ANYONE help????

I find that with my watery eye customers I place the tape over the curved section of the patches where you place to hold the lashes down and this stops the irritation

I find that with my watery eye customers I place the tape over the curved section of the patches where you place to hold the lashes down and this stops the irritation

Thanks for responding - just to check though, do you mean you use the tape to hold the lashes down and the gel patches to just refresh and lift the eye area or do you mean you fold the tape OVER the top of the gel patch?

Again though, I would love to use the non gel patches for some clients - do they still exist? They were lightly padded but no gel...

We get sensitive non gel pads from lash perfect. They are very good x

I use gel pads, I find the hot weather melts them slightly and they can seep more, I find scraping off some of the gel prior to treatment helps, the pads still do the same work and they are not affected and the clients have no problems either :)

HTJ

I had a look on lash perfect and can only find gel pads? Could you send me a link at all please?

I can't find any on any site!!!

ANYONE?

Do the eyepads from Lash Revolution contain gel? I can't remember.

I use lint free eye patches the wink me ones are good as are the eyelash emporium ones. I'm not keen on the gel in most pads these are great but ensure they are not over the lower lid and just on the lashes you are keeping down

Thanks guys I will have a look now :)

Thanks for responding - just to check though, do you mean you use the tape to hold the lashes down and the gel patches to just refresh and lift the eye area or do you mean you fold the tape OVER the top of the gel patch?

Again though, I would love to use the non gel patches for some clients - do they still exist? They were lightly padded but no gel...

I meant fold the tape over the gel patches this is what I was taught on my lash perfect training and it stops the gel touching and becoming soggy, it works a treat sorry didn't explain properly before

Awesome thank you both for those x

Latest posts

Back