HELP! Not sure of the answer to this....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Reaction score
I think I heard something about mineral oils encouraging lifting of artificial enhancements, so I did a bit of research and found out that mineral oils can't penetrate the skin and can form a barrier against other "helpful" oils getting in.

If this is the case, then why are parafin soaks becoming so popular?

Also, apart from the Solar oil family, what lotions could I recommend? It seems that everything apart from these contains mineral oil. (I love the Solar stuff, but alot of people have problems with nut products these days

Ok, I thought paraffin was pure wax and did not contain mineral oil.. AND I thought that people with allergies to nuts and the like would have to ingest them in order to be affected....would solar oil hurt an allergic person?

Can someone help me out with this one? I appreciate it!!

Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

Now, what about the paraffin wax and mineral oil? Isn't paraffin pure without any additives? Does it have mineral oil in it?

Anyone?

Hey Shaun... not sure on the paraffin being mineral oil thing...

However no need to stress about mineral oil causing lifting (or any oil for that matter) as long as your prep is correct.
Your clients can soak in a vat of mineral oil constantly for the 2 weeks in-between their appointments. They may look funny afterwards... but the nails won’t lift.

Heck... There isn’t an oil I know of that could penetrate the bond of product and plate.

Hope this helps :)

Yep it sure does help, thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back