Help, oily face!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire Olsen

Reaction score
I've always had extremely oily skin and I don't know about makeup or skin just a hair geek over here!
I was curious to know what are the best products to use?
Type of makeup, face wash, cleanser..? Anything!

Thank you!

Do you actually have oily skin (large pores, thick appearance) or is it just dry & trying to remedy itself?

I would recommend using Ultrabland cleanser with a warm flannel or muslin at night from Lush to balance out your skin followed by a type of facial oil or serum (I use The Body Shop Beautifying oil). Then in a morning, just cleanse with water & pat dry. Pre-makeup I always prime twice, it makes such a difference!

Also, Studio Fix Fluid by MAC is the best foundation I've tried for oily skin. I use MAC Natural Radiance primer underneath

Yes I have really oily skin no dryness at all! Thank you I'll have to look into it.
Just so annoying to pat my face every hour!

Or in place of OTC products you could try proper professional formulations. The better ones work to regulate oil production rather than strip the skin. Those that strip oil tend to cause it to become irritated and dehydrated, and ultimately result in the skin producing more oil to compensate for the sudden dryness.

I have a friend in her late 30's who has suffered oily skin and break-outs since her teenage years. Since she's been using the Decleor Aroma Purete range her skin has been much better. The Velvet Mattifying Fluid has encapsulated zinc, which is released slowly to ensure the skin's sebum production is regulated throughout the day. Its also great at keeping the skin hydrated without increasing oil production. It also contains Yeast Extract, Marine Glycogene, Vitamin C, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and White Water Lily Extracts to boost cellular activity, refine the complexion and soothe the skin.

Last edited:
Personally I would steer towards Decleors aroma purete range, (I'm an extremely oily therapist haha) the Ylang Ylang night balm works wonders! xx

Latest posts

Back