Help ombre on extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellechristina

Reaction score
Client has had her extensions out and want them made into ombre dark brown with caramel blond ends. Cause the hair is very good condition we ar reusing it. So we are gona ombre the hair on the ends. But can someone tell me if i ombre the hair before fitting (like you buy it already done)when fitting it up the head does the ombre move up the head so it doesnt stay on the ends if you understand what im saying lol As client just wants it on the ends in same position. Can anyone help me as its my first ombre client.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Hun, you would be best fitting them and Getting her to go to a salon to do them. X

But it's recommended that you don't dye hair extensions more than 3 shades lighter as they are already so overprocessed so basically bleaching them could totally trash them. It would be you that got the blame for them being ruined.

I would suggest she just buy ones that are already dyed for you. X

Hi. Ive told the client already that colouring them wil damage the hair and client takes responsibility. But need to know how does the ombre effect look as they are fitted up the head. Does ombre move up the head and not stop on the ends

You're not a hairdresser. Why are you offering to colour them?

Hi. Ive told the client already that colouring them wil damage the hair and client takes responsibility. But need to know how does the ombre effect look as they are fitted up the head. Does ombre move up the head and not stop on the ends

Not entirely sure what you mean :) the ombré look would depend on the clients hair length, if it was fairly long I would think she may need some of her natural hair Ombre'd. But that's just my opinion.

But I do strongly recommend she gets this done by a professional hairdresser. Doing it at home with a box dye or even attempting to do it with professional products would void all your insurance.

I think she means will dip-dying them all at once make the line uneven when they're applied.

I'd say definitely yes...if you dip dye them all together, then apply them layer by layer, the line will move gradually up and I imagine be significally higher by the top layer. I wouldn't ombre them until they are fitted in...however I would never apply bleach to extensions. Every time I've attempted this they have either rotted away or lifted to a nasty grey colour.

Also ombré is more then 2 block colours.

You really don't know how to do the colour, what products you'd need and why you'd need them or how to mix products.

Just say no and send her to a qualified hairdresser. To be fair they'd probably tell her their not willing to do it as they'd ruin the extensions.

Excuse me but did you actually read my post properly? Did i ask how to colour or what to use? All i asked was how the ombre would look when fitting. Im fed up with all the bitchy comments on here. Ive bin doing hair for 15 yrs Im trained in colouring, hair extensions, wigmaking upto nvq 111. Which i mite have more exp than some of you doing the bitching. Do you get off on trying to show off with these snide remarks. If you dont have pleasent remarks keep them to yourself.
Anyway if you say best to do the ombre after fitting why do suppliers sell the hair already ombred. Ive fitted hundreds of heads but never ombre people round our way wasnt interested in it. Thats why its my first ever ombre. But thought id get helpful advice instead of yet more people who think they know it all and like to look big showing off !!!

Hi ellechristina, I think what everyone is trying to say is your profile suggests your an extensionist only and doesn't mention your hairdressing quals.

I agree for you to fit the hair then ombré 😊

Good luck xx

Excuse me but did you actually read my post properly? Did i ask how to colour or what to use? All i asked was how the ombre would look when fitting. Im fed up with all the bitchy comments on here. Ive bin doing hair for 15 yrs Im trained in colouring, hair extensions, wigmaking upto nvq 111. Which i mite have more exp than some of you doing the bitching. Do you get off on trying to show off with these snide remarks. If you dont have pleasent remarks keep them to yourself.
Anyway if you say best to do the ombre after fitting why do suppliers sell the hair already ombred. Ive fitted hundreds of heads but never ombre people round our way wasnt interested in it. Thats why its my first ever ombre. But thought id get helpful advice instead of yet more people who think they know it all and like to look big showing off !!!

I hope this isn't aimed at me, i wasn't trying to be bitchy in the slightest. I looked at your profile and it didn't mention anything about colouring etc so I just told you to get it done at a salon as I knew that it would get mentioned by someone else if I didn't.

Latest posts

Back