Help on white coverage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulupoo12345

Reaction score
Hi guys :)
Some advise would be really appreciated ❤️ Basically today a lady came into the salon with white roots and medium brown, box dyed medium length and ends.. she wanted all over 5.22 (medium violet brown). I am still learning and I thought I would need to mix some base 4 into the 5.22 to go on the white roots with 3% and a tad of 6%.
then on the mid length and ends I was just going to use the 5.22 with 6% And a tad of 9%.
My colleague then advised me to use a 6.34 ( golden auburn brown ) with the 5.22 on the roots instead of the base, I took her advise.

In the end the white roots turned out Illuminous violet and the ends were dark brown with a tint of violet,

Please help me where I went wrong xxx ❤️ Thanks so much for taking the time to read this x

I would have used
Roots 1/2 5.22 1/2 4.0 + 20 vol resistant mix 1:1
Process roots for half processing time
Then apply 5.22 with semi developer/converter for the ends for remaining time
Not sure why youd use 9% for a tint over coloured hair as colour wont lift colour?
As for the 6.34 i get that for coverage but its completely the wrong reflect your after
Hope this helps a little [emoji4]

That helps me a lot thanks so much :D

Latest posts

Back