Help, paraffin wax too hot!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hi I did my first paraffin wax last night - thankfully on a friend, there's no temp gauge, just 1-6. Rang up manufacturers they said put it to 6 then turn down to 3/4 for paraffin (he was kinda guessing) he was concerned that the wax would go cold me transferring it to another bowl but said had to do due to contamination issues, but when it came to it it was so hot couldn't put it on my friends hand. Once I'd turned it to 3 left it half an hour - was this long enough? Turned it down to 2 and it ended solidifying in the heater and heater wasn't even warm ! Messed about for a couple of hours but it was either too hot or solidified and now I've had to offer to do it for free next time. Really gutted. Any ideas? Should I b taking the metal inner pot out or something? X

Try turning it on earlier and leave it on 4 (as a guess) all heaters are different so it's trial & error for now test on yourself... I basically heat mine up put clingfilm over a bowl put a few scoops into it and wait for it to get a slight skin on the top and then you have to get it on fast before it sets it will set a little on your brush that's the norm xx

Try turning it on earlier and leave it on 4 (as a guess) all heaters are different so it's trial & error for now test on yourself... I basically heat mine up put clingfilm over a bowl put a few scoops into it and wait for it to get a slight skin on the top and then you have to get it on fast before it sets it will set a little on your brush that's the norm xx
Ah great ok thankyou for replying :) xxx

Latest posts

Back