Help! Perron Rigot Euroblonde wax stringy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natgleeson

Reaction score
Hi I've just done a Brazilian and basically had a nightmare! My wax went stringy and I also didn't get all of the hairs, I'm newly qualified and am thinking now the hairs may not have been long enough, they were pretty stubborn shaved hairs, but I really struggled to take the wax off, it seemed to be stringy when I tried to rip it off? Why is that? Thanks

Hi I've just done a Brazilian and basically had a nightmare! My wax went stringy and I also didn't get all of the hairs, I'm newly qualified and am thinking now the hairs may not have been long enough, they were pretty stubborn shaved hairs, but I really struggled to take the wax off, it seemed to be stringy when I tried to rip it off? Why is that? Thanks
I'm thinking it probably wasn't quite set as you were trying to remove it. I sometimes rush it a little and find it claggy and stringy so I'm trying to be patient and let it be truly set before I remove.

I did my own Brazilian the other day and trying to remove it before it was quite set was mega painful.

Hope that helps

Vic x

Oh my poor client bless her, I'm sure it was set as I applied another section while I waited but it seemed stringy right from the start, would it be because it wasn't hot enough?

Oh my poor client bless her, I'm sure it was set as I applied another section while I waited but it seemed stringy right from the start, would it be because it wasn't hot enough?
It sounds like it's possibly not hot enough if it's very stringy. Have a play around with the temperature and see if that helps with it.

It would only be stringy if it was too cool and that would only happen as you're taking it out of the wax heater. I'm wondering if you put too much wax on and you tried to remove it too soon as that would make the wax stretch and seem stringy as it would have stuck to your glove.

If you apply the wax too thick it keeps it hotter for longer so although the wax usually takes moments and not minutes to set, this would make it take longer.

Hope that made sense.

I've been doing it for 18 mths and still have dodgy ones! Did a new client this morning and put wax on too thin on her bum and it broke and I had to pick bits off. Learning all the time.

Latest posts

Back