Help please as my son hates his ginger hair .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
My son has ginger hair and wants to colour it,just wondered if i should just stick highlights in it? ,he hates his hair.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I,m so glad I,m not the only one who,s son hate his ginger hair.. My son makes me highlight his.. He,s only 13:eek:. I hate doing it but it makes such a difference with his confidence,

i've got identical twins with green eyes and GINGER HAIR! they have already started getting stick for it and want it coloured, i tell them other colur hair is boring but they wont have any of it, when theyre old enough i will pop a sprinkle of highlights in it

Thanks guys and glad i am not alone !!

Thanks guys and glad i am not alone !!

Far from it, my 2 youngest nieces are both gingers Poppy has blond high lights and Sadie cant wait to be old enough to have some to
Kay's boy friend is also Ginger and has it all coloured blood red. He says if you got it flaunt it but he's 6ft 3 and plays footie for his village, they are the champions 3 years running so no one teases him:eek:

Ginger hair is the most difficult to colour,i strongly recomend he has it done professionally hun.Potentially he could end up with a very red shade of brown,or yellow highights,i'm sure he'd find that much worse :wink2: xx

Far from it, my 2 youngest nieces are both gingers Poppy has blond high lights and Sadie cant wait to be old enough to have some to
Kay's boy friend is also Ginger and has it all coloured blood red. He says if you got it flaunt it but he's 6ft 3 and plays footie for his village, they are the champions 3 years running so no one teases him:eek:

This has made me feel 1000 times better thanks hun :hug: xxxxx

Ginger hair is the most difficult to colour,i strongly recomend he has it done professionally hun.Potentially he could end up with a very red shade of brown,or yellow highights,i'm sure he'd find that much worse :wink2: xx

I have done hairdressing but not for years !!!....thanks anyway huni .xxxxx

My girl is 16 now and has been tormented since she was about 5yrs, shes left school now but hated it all the way through.She says shes ugly and fat but i cant get through to her that other poeple are just jealous,she stands out they dont! ill try and get a pic on here for you to see.I hope your kids dont suffer as much has mine did kids are so cruel these days,they things they say n do are just horrible.Yes do be carefull with home colour kits as red hair is hard to do as we have learnt over the years,im no hair expert but get pro advice good luck xxxx

My son look after himself and everyone knows it so he has not been bullied . He hates his hair and wears soooo much gel on it cos it makes it go dark brown,he will be bald by the time he is 20 ! . Kids are evil these days,i have never heard so much evil stuff come out their mouths :eek:

Just found a couple of my daughters hair, doesnt look red on these but she is you can see its really red whan it needs washing.But because of all the crap she has had over the years she has now no confidence and she is fat n ugly as they have told her she believes it!

:hug:To all those suffering with the same thing xx

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC00203.jpg
    DSC00203.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 582
Just found a couple of my daughters hair, doesnt look red on these but she is you can see its really red whan it needs washing.But because of all the crap she has had over the years she has now no confidence and she is fat n ugly as they have told her she believes it!

:hug:To all those suffering with the same thing xx

Your daughter is beautifull hun xxx:hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5171&d=1192437244

As you can my family is full of em :D in fact my sis is praying this one's ginger to prove she's not the milkmans (i have been telling her for years) lol different shades and textures will take differently,if you haven't done hairdressing for a long time but do plan on doing your son's a day course on colour theory would be great for you IMO, natural red is the most difficult to colour x

http://www.salongeek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5171&d=1192437244

As you can my family is full of em :D in fact my sis is praying this one's ginger to prove she's not the milkmans (i have been telling her for years) lol different shades and textures will take differently,if you haven't done hairdressing for a long time but do plan on doing your son's a day course on colour theory would be great for you IMO, natural red is the most difficult to colour x

Ha ha !!!! Well my son is the only one in the family with ginger hair. Are postman HAS got ginger hair :eek: !!!!!!! What a great idea about the day course Becki...thanks sooo much huni :hug: xxxxxxxxxxx

IM A GINGE!!
i was really ginger orange when younger then it gradually got to a strawberry blonde colour but all thro school i got bullied about it so my mum did cap highlights when i was about 12. still very gingery tho cos you need a lot of blonde to get rid of ginger,sometimes it can emphasise it more. then when i became a hairdresser at 18 i had almost ful head of highlights bleach and was very blonde. but i realised i just looked washed out and finally ook the plunge a few years ago and went dark. now ive embraced the red and as from my avatar i have gone red/brown. it really suitsd me better and when ur older u see that and wear it with confidence.

i hope none of your children get bullied beacuse of it and can start to wear their hair with pride. i do think its worse for boys so just stick a few highlights in for him for him to gain his confidence then when hes older he may accept it.
x

i couldnt belive it when i went into school because of a problem with one of my twins, at a school they had a 2 strike and your out rule one twin been told off once his brother had been told off once and they kicked one twin out ( theyre identical) so i went in with the ump and the head teacher actually said to me that as they were taller than the other kids and because there's two of them oh and of course they are GINGER so they get caught out more because they stand out !!! did i have the ump then.... yes i did !

i couldnt belive it when i went into school because of a problem with one of my twins, at a school they had a 2 strike and your out rule one twin been told off once his brother had been told off once and they kicked one twin out ( theyre identical) so i went in with the ump and the head teacher actually said to me that as they were taller than the other kids and because there's two of them oh and of course they are GINGER so they get caught out more because they stand out !!! did i have the ump then.... yes i did !

:eek: What a cheek..... :eek:.

I think its horrible to hear all these stories about bullying!!! Realy sad:cry: I have a positive one for people that are worried that their kids will be bullied...my brother is bright ginger and he never got teased even in comp!!! He had a lovely girlfiend and nice mates all through school!! My mates girl is twelve and very bright ginger the brightest you would see plus loads of freckles she confident and happy and has loads friends I think alot of the time the nasty kids will find something to pick on and its so tight!!!!! :hug:

I was formelly known at school as ginger nut or duracell,and you know what it didnt bother me one jot, i fact I used to just answer to them without even thinking about it.

I only changed my hair colour in my thirties, because the red started to fade so I thought why not.

I guess the thing was I didnt mind standing out and strangely enough I was never bullied either.

I do still stand up for gingers - because just because your hair is ginger it doesnt make you John Merrick.

In fact I loved my ginger hair so much I even bought a cd about it. David Devant and his spirit wife - Ginger and Free!

All I can say is...all these children must be pretty cool, if the only thing someone can find to pick on them about is the colour of their hair.

Well we bit the bullet last night.... whilst my husband took my youngest to watch football, my eldest and I had some fun... You can all cringe if you want.. but we highlighted his hair.. we used a cap (which I know is not the best but it gave me a good excuse to poke him and tell him to stop whinging):lol::lol: whilst the hightlights were taking we sat and played the xbox:rolleyes: (boring) Well they have not turned out too bad.. My son just turned around and said "if it looks cra* you can always use the trimmers mum" (bless him)

We had an Hr (no thats not how long i kept them in for) of fun and laughter.. and at the end he really likes them:lol::lol: yippeeeeee.

I am highligting my sons tomorrow........we are both looking forward to it !!

Latest posts

Back