help please - geeks in merseyside ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

after my blog saying i was struggling for models, sandi suggested a thread to ask for help

so are there any geeks in my area (southport or closish) or does anyone have family or friends they could ask, if i could do a set of nails for practise, whilst on my foundation course

thanks guys

nicky xxxx

bumpity bump bump

Hi, my sister Caroline works at Headlines in Southport. She , or some of her workmates might be models for you.

If you like i can ask her

deb x

Have you done a search on here Nick and pm'd a few geeks?
If I was closer I'd come and help you out?
Any mates that could do it for ya? My mate took days off work to be my model, say you'll throw in lunch and a free set of nails, that should entice them!

xxxxxxx:hug:

Oh pants!! Wish I could come mate!!!
Good luck in your hunt!!
Come on girls!!!!!!

Hi, my sister Caroline works at Headlines in Southport. She , or some of her workmates might be models for you.

If you like i can ask her

deb x

aw thanks deb, thing is im not sure my nails are up to wothstanding hairdresser standard yet lol:lol:, but if they knw they mightnt be 100% they might be ok mightnt they?

Have you done a search on here Nick and pm'd a few geeks?
If I was closer I'd come and help you out?
Any mates that could do it for ya? My mate took days off work to be my model, say you'll throw in lunch and a free set of nails, that should entice them!

xxxxxxx:hug:
aww thanks hayls, i have one girl that is my model for my course , but i need more to practise on, i mean im offerng free nails and no one is interested by me? will put signs on car monday morning, see if any of the mums take me up on it, few peeps have said charge a tenner if they think its free theyll think its cos your crap (which i am lol) but if they think they are getting a bargain, they are more likely to offer? i can try eh?

Oh pants!! Wish I could come mate!!!
Good luck in your hunt!!
Come on girls!!!!!!

thanks kirst xxxx

Oh, right then, go onto Vista print, make up some flyers on there, dead cheap, just with some wording advertising your services. Saying that you need models to practice on and that each set is £10, dont do it for free, doesnt give a great impression, plus you need to get some money back for products used!!

Take them up the school, local businesses, college, uni's, notice boards, large corporations.

Or run them up yourself on the PC, wont take you long.

Good luck hunni! xxxxxxxx:hug:

Hiya Nicky, Karen (kaznails) has offered herself to you (she cant reply to any threads for some reason) but she has asked me to post this for you xxxx

Hiya Nickie, didn't Frooty Moo offer you some help too? I know she hasn't been on here for a while but send her an email, she may still be able to help.

Hiya Nicky, Karen (kaznails) has offered herself to you (she cant reply to any threads for some reason) but she has asked me to post this for you xxxx

Hiya Nickie, didn't Frooty Moo offer you some help too? I know she hasn't been on here for a while but send her an email, she may still be able to help.

thanks guys i will bear bev and kaz in mind, was hoping for none nail techs though pmsl, dont want to feel under more pressure, (does that make sense) i would feel really awful if they were thinking "oh god shes crap" while i was doing them lol, once ive done a few more sets then maybe i could take them up on the offer

thanks again guys:hug: xxxx

Aw Nicky Bev wouldn't do that, and after all we are all still learning.

was hoping for none nail techs though pmsl, dont want to feel under more pressure, (does that make sense) i would feel really awful if they were thinking "oh god shes crap" while i was doing them

Thing is a qualified tech will remember what it was like training so will have no expectations (plus they can put right anything they're not completely happy with, iykwim), and if they're geeks will offer advice along the way I would have thought...... Non Nail Techs might have higher expectations..... Plus Nail Techs will be honest with how long they lasted and wont say they floated off in the bath!

I understand where you're coming from but I reckon you're better off with geeks..... If I were in your part of the world you could use me, but I'm a bit far off, sorry!!

Aw Nicky Bev wouldn't do that, and after all we are all still learning.
oh ok ju, might pluck up the courage to cll in and ask her this week lol

Thing is a qualified tech will remember what it was like training so will have no expectations (plus they can put right anything they're not completely happy with, iykwim), and if they're geeks will offer advice along the way I would have thought...... Non Nail Techs might have higher expectations..... Plus Nail Techs will be honest with how long they lasted and wont say they floated off in the bath!

I understand where you're coming from but I reckon you're better off with geeks..... If I were in your part of the world you could use me, but I'm a bit far off, sorry!!

thanks for this yvette, i never thought of it like that, of course they wouldnt have the same expectations and wouldnt lie about how they 'came off in the bath' and they can put right any mistakes cant they

thanks hun, feel much better now xxxx

Latest posts

Back