Help please - gel not curing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel1

Reaction score
I have recently started doing glitter toes using gel. The first 30 or so sets lasted between 4 and 10 weeks! No problems. Then disaster struck! The Nails started to come off but when they did they were really sticky underneath. I have changed everything including using a stronger 4x9w UV lamp. It has happened again what am I doing wrong??

I etch nail, then swipe, then protein bond, then base gel and glitter then cure for 2 mins. I swipe then use 2 coats of finish gel curing between each one. Any advice??

I etch nail, then swipe, then protein bond, then base gel and glitter then cure for 2 mins. I swipe then use 2 coats of finish gel curing between each one. Any advice??

Sorry i'm not a gel user but i had to reply,the word etch sends a shiver down my spine . A quick exfoliation/one swipe with a 240 is plenty of shine removed :D

Which gel brand are u using hun?

Could be that you need to change your bulbs on your lamp, or you are applying the gel too thick.

bulbs are new. I bought a new lamp. I have tried applying base gel thin and thick??

Latest posts

Back