Help please-gel polish on skin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
Hey geeks

So I’m starting up beauty again and at the moment just doing family and friends, when I cap the free edge I get polish on the skin so just wipe it away, however when I put them in the uv lamp and then take them out I can see that it’s on the skin?! Is this because there was to much polish on the free edge and it’s almost dripped down?!

Many thanks
Tina

I have never had this but why don't you try painting a slightly different way. Reverse paint the free edge first. It's hard to explain but fingernail fixer vids on you tube taught me this. You essentially turn you brush round and brush from the centre of the nail down to the free edge. It's hard to explain but I am sure you can find it on her vids. I love this technique. Gives a great seal on the free edge at prevents any bulk on the tip of the nail x

Even on super short nails - you shouldn't ever really get much on the skin at all so, perhaps you are loading your brush with too much polish for the capping? Agree as above that backwards capping is the best way to ensure it is done, but as thinly as possible :)

Thanks very much both, yea maybe I am putting to much on! Will try your techniques next time! Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back