(Help please)got my MAC card now then...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammymeme

Reaction score
Yes I need to buy tons of mac! but is there any other suppliers worth getting a discount card with? xxx and for fun is there is one product you would not be with out? and why? xxx thank's in advance xxx

silly me forgot to mention (I mainly do Bridal Work) xxx

Sorry to jump on your post do you mind if i ask how did you apply for your Mac pro card and how long did it take to come through?
I've been looking it up the last few days and someone mentioned on an old post that you could only purchase from Mac pro stores is this the case? xx

soooo true I went to Covent Garden to get mine £25.00. There was some one at the oylmpia last year who gave me the form, ((so there may be some one at pro beauty this feb)) x you may be able to get from there or id say just take your bits up to london xxx i took public liability insurance, biz card, certificate and anything else like headed paper ect helpful one form of id ie photo xxx hope it helps xxx:green:

For info do you get their products discounted and is the only pro store in London?

soooo true I went to Covent Garden to get mine £25.00. There was some one at the oylmpia last year who gave me the form, ((so there may be some one at pro beauty this feb)) x you may be able to get from there or id say just take your bits up to london xxx i took public liability insurance, biz card, certificate and anything else like headed paper ect helpful one form of id ie photo xxx hope it helps xxx:green:

Did you get it on the day there and then? There's so much to all of this, i'm trying to find a decent make-up training company and looking into different brands the mind is boggleing at present :lol:

And in answer to your original post :lol: (i'm getting carried away), i saw someone use the yellow Mac eye pencil and it looks fab used on the bottom lash line it's not as bleak as the white but does the same job but uplifts it slightly if that makes any sense. I also like the Laura Mericer eye colour in the silver tubes they are fab! x

Did you get it on the day there and then? There's so much to all of this, i'm trying to find a decent make-up training company and looking into different brands the mind is boggleing at present :lol:

And in answer to your original post :lol: (i'm getting carried away), i saw someone use the yellow Mac eye pencil and it looks fab used on the bottom lash line it's not as bleak as the white but does the same job but uplifts it slightly if that makes any sense. I also like the Laura Mericer eye colour in the silver tubes they are fab! x

Nice Yellow!! x and yep collect on the day xxx oh Jemma kidd good depends how long you want to train for xxx

bobbi brown, art deco, ? ..
each brand has its own hero product, i used to do lots of bridals and swore by art deco eye primer, also used the clinique one
although cant get pro discount i think cliniques quad eyeshadows are a great investment when starting out :), also love their lipsticks and glosses
love dior and lancome for mascaras - particularly diorshow
nars and bobbi brown for blushers hth

Last edited:
oh and i personally wouldnt bother with lots finishing powders, dodgy colour under eye correction sticks etc - go yellow with both all the way - benefit or bobby brown ;)

Illamasqua are good, they have some really cool modern cosmetics. Their pro account is free you just email your certificates and cv. I think its something like students 10% off all orders, beauty therapists 15%, pro make up artists 25% xx

Thanks soo much really helpfull stuff (its a mine field out there) you kinda think you are gonna need EVERYTHING lol good to know what not to bother with (yellow tip good me thinks!) and bobby brown hear i come never used them befor really (this is down to me being complete nievety I spent years thinking it was for none caucasian! lol) so will ragister with them thanks for the tips re some good products to trust really apreciated x

Illamasqua are good, they have some really cool modern cosmetics. Their pro account is free you just email your certificates and cv. I think its something like students 10% off all orders, beauty therapists 15%, pro make up artists 25% xx
never heard of these either (have i been living in a cave lol) will check out these also xxx thank yopu xxx

Hi I got my mac pro card last august but hadn't used until just now.....how much discount do you get?? I was under the impression it was 30 or 40 depending on your qualifications and I've just been told its 25%!! x x

Hi, I got my Mac Pro card by printing out the form off Mac Pro website and sending it off with I.D, qualifications etc. The form tells you everything you need. If there is no stores near you, you can use your discount if ordering over the phone, but not the website.
I go along to the counter in local department store, decide what i want, then order it over the telephone.
If you Google 'Mac Pro Membership' you should find the application form fine.
Illamasqua do a generous 40% discount for make up artists, and you can order online. Again i just decide what i want at local counter then order it online.
Despite loving these brands, i couldn't live without my Jane Iredale pressed base, it's so easy to apply! :D

Hi, I thought i read that the card was free but on the website it says its £25 is that correct?
Sorry im having a blonde day
Oh n my fav product is clinique foundation n the blusher.

Hi, I thought i read that the card was free but on the website it says its £25 is that correct?
Sorry im having a blonde day
Oh n my fav product is clinique foundation n the blusher.

Yeah it's £25...... 25% discount x

Yeah the Mac card is £25, Illamasqua free. Not sure about any of the others though.:)

yep a £25! aplies but sooo worth it in the end just spent £!!! on my bridal kit but again worth in xxx

My Mac pro card entitles me to 40% off , but i'm a make up artist, if your applied as a beautician then i think it may be less

Illamasqua are a great brand, ( i also have a 40% discount with them ) they're owned by kroylan which are fantastic... think mac make up only taken more to the extreme, great for high fashion looks not so sure about bridal make up though , although i have to say their lipsticks are super matte and have the best staying power of any lipstick i've ever used , i'd highly recommend this brand :D

You can get the application form from the mac pro website, it does take ages to come though, mine took nearly 3 months !!! :eek: and my illamasqua discount took less than 24 hours to come through :D ha ha wish mac would take a leaf out of their book :D

Latest posts

Back