Help please-names for nail techs on tiered price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraLush

Reaction score
Hi,

I am doing a new price list for nails to accomodate a newly qualified nail technician working alongside our experienced, existing nail technician - I feel they definitely need different prices to avoid being compared all the time and to grow the clientele of the newly qualified staff member.. I just don't know what to call them on the price list so I'm after some help please geeks :) To add to this, not that it matters massively I suppose - but our new qualified is aged in her 40s - so I don't know if the Junior' is totally suitable?? I think I'm over thinking things aren't I!

Junior Nail Technician & Senior Nail Technician?

Nail Technician & Advanced Nail Technician?

Arrgh - I don't know. Please help.. What tiers do you have in your salons??

Thanks, Laura x

Regardless of age I would say junior nail tech and senior nail tech :)

Hi,

I am doing a new price list for nails to accomodate a newly qualified nail technician working alongside our experienced, existing nail technician - I feel they definitely need different prices to avoid being compared all the time and to grow the clientele of the newly qualified staff member.. I just don't know what to call them on the price list so I'm after some help please geeks :) To add to this, not that it matters massively I suppose - but our new qualified is aged in her 40s - so I don't know if the Junior' is totally suitable?? I think I'm over thinking things aren't I!

Junior Nail Technician & Senior Nail Technician?

Nail Technician & Advanced Nail Technician?

Arrgh - I don't know. Please help.. What tiers do you have in your salons??

Thanks, Laura x

Could you not just state introductory prices for our new technician? I don't think junior is very fitting

I hate the word junior. I think is sound like they arnt qualified. We have 'senior therapist' at our place but this just means they have worked there for 3 years.
Clients pay the same price if they have a senior or not.
I think it's silly, some girls have been qualified for years but art senior because they haven't worked there as long. And some are senior even though its there first beauty job and they have only just been trained in some products but they have worked in the same place 3 years.

Sorry I'm ranting now haha.
Is her work not as good? Is that why you want different prices?
I think introductory prices are best then you can put them up as she improves. Maybe the other technician could go through it and bring her up to speed?

The Same products are been used and therapists time so I don't think there should be a major difference if any

Laura xx

Junior sounds like an apprentice/ still training.
X

In our salon we just have one price for our 'nail technician' and then another for our 'senior nail technicians'. I wouldn't use the word 'junior' as it sounds like they are not yet qualified! Hope this helps :) xx

Personally I would either do introductory prices for new nail tech OR nail tech and master tech xx

Latest posts

Back