Help Please! What to do with nail biters!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natalie day

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any advice of the best way of dealing with nail biters or people with very short nails who want an artificial nail enhancement. I have heard of people talking of a 'bridging effect' but I have not been in this business for very long and am not quite sure what this is.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Natalie:confused:

natalie day said:
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any advice of the best way of dealing with nail biters or people with very short nails who want an artificial nail enhancement. I have heard of people talking of a 'bridging effect' but I have not been in this business for very long and am not quite sure what this is.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Natalie:confused:
Hi Natalie, I recently did this for the first time its about removing some the side wall on each side of the tip so it sits over the bulbous area of the skin - if you look in articles there is an excellent piece by the Nail Geek explaining how to do this...You will need a gel bond rather than a standard resin aswell ...htp

'Bridgeing' is a technique that involves first elongating the short nailplate by sculpting it first with L/P and then applying the tip to this new area and proceding as normal.

Bridgeing does expose the skin to under-cured product, and is not a technique to be used often because of the risk of overexposure to the client. However as a 'one off' it can be done. In my opinion there are better ways of dealing with this problem as the resulting nails often look thick and ugly if not done by an expert.

There has just been a post regarding dealing with nail biters, and there is a tutorial on this site. In my opinion, you get a much better result with 'saddling' a tip. I would have a look at this method first.

Dealing with nail biters is an art and requires great skill. I normally recommend that new technicians do NOT do nail biters until their skills are greater and their confidence is greater.

Nail biters can seriously damage your confidence as they are generally not good clients and tend to play and pick at their nails and return with problems for which the 'new' nail tech blames herself!! and is not always sufficiently trained to deal with. Kind of like asking a newly qualified surgeon to perform brain surgery when the most he has done is take an appendix out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back