Help Please. Which gel company should I choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixs

Reaction score
Hi I have recently opened a new salon and I am very much more skin based so gels nails is very new to me. But i have had alot of interest in it. I want to be able to create length and just do an over lay. I use O.P.I polishes for my manicures so i have looked into Axxium but not sure if you can lengthen the nail. Also I have heard cal gel and biosculpture is good . But could anyone else shead me some light?

I would be really grateful as going round in circles.:rolleyes:

You need to contact as many gel companies as possible to get feedback on training, costs, initial outlay, backup support etc... and if possible get some reps to visit you to see if they can't show you how their products work. Better still, find out if there are any workshops or demos in your area where you can try them out for yourself.

You also need to decide if you want to train in soak off or buff off gels or both. I know for a fact that some soak off gels can hold enhancements very well, so you don't necessarily have to choose a gel system which is a buff off. Also, I would not recommend choosing a course where your training is for only one or two days. In my opinion, this is simply not enough.

Reputable companies you could contact in random order; Ezeflow, Calgel, Bio Sculpture, Creative (Sweet Squared in UK), NCO London, Pro Nails.

Hope this helps.

Hi i am also hoping to use the best gel products, as i trained in Cuccio i am currently using T3 cuccio gel which i am very happy with, although the T3 gel is a buff off one.
But cuccio also have a gel called pronto soak off gel which i have now bought and i am just waiting to try out, but i have heard good things about the pronto gels, just thought i'd let you know.
Katy
:)

I've used biosculpture for a few years now and it's very popular especially with people wanting to grow their own nails.
It's easy to soak off, there's no buffing on the natural nail, which makes it more appealing for my natural nail clients.
It comes in loades of colours and I find people Ask for biosculpture by name.
There's so many gels I have only used bio so I can't say which is best this is just my experience of bio gel xx

OPI Axxium has both a traditional gel for extensions and a soak off gel for overlays and polished looks.

Great thank you for all of your replys. I will do some more research.

I have used Akzentz for 7 years with great success. I have tried a few over the years but alway go beck to Akzentz.

I really like biosculpture and they're more niche but they ARE expensive and whilst the training is FREE the initial outlay isn't cheap.
Although Bio is super nail friendly you need to guage whether your clients will pay the extra pounds...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back