Help please with these nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimid

Reaction score
Hi there

So had this woman for a removal and reapp having had cnd shellac serene green on nearly 3 weeks ago- i give a mini solar oil to all new clients and she said she used to alot- in fairness polish cane off so easy so i thibk she did anyway her nails were like this as soon as the polish came off?? NEVER have i had this before when i just removed and i nearly died! What could have caused this??? I am cnd trained so all prep is done properly....she was ok and said her nails are funny so i done ibx treatment in them......

Any help appreciated please id die if this happened again but i cant for the life think i done anything wrong or different!
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji140][emoji140]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453031448.572825.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453031470.460290.jpg

It's just dryness from removal. Acetone is drying. They won't stay like that for long the oils will replenish. As long as she uses oils after too which will help.

I have only ever seen this when removing CND Shellac.. Interesting!
I use Gelish & Cuccio Veneer in salon and never had it with that.
Xx

Yes, the whiteness is due to dryness so your client needs to up the use of solar oil.
I do shellac on my sister every two to three weeks, always the same Tinted Love colour.
As an experiment she didn't apply the solar oil for a couple of weeks.
The result was that she struggled to reach two weeks wear and after removal there were a few white patches.
She has now gone back to oiling them daily . I've just seen her this morning after 2 weeks wear and they are all still in tact and look fine to get to three weeks

Couple of questions mimid -
1) Where/What was your client having on her nails before she came to you ?
2) Did you use an orange stick to scrape off any of the coating ?
Xxx

Couple of questions mimid -
1) Where/What was your client having on her nails before she came to you ?
2) Did you use an orange stick to scrape off any of the coating ?
Xxx

Hey there

1- good wuestion i did have to rive polish i didnt do she said it was shellac but im not so sure now

2- it came off so well that i just needed to rub with a plastic backed pad to take the any base left...i mean as soon as it lifted it was white underneath

Thanks guys! [emoji140][emoji140]

I have only ever seen this when removing CND Shellac.. Interesting!
I use Gelish & Cuccio Veneer in salon and never had it with that.
Xx

How does cuccio hold up ? Does it last 3 weeks without problems?

I really like their product line and colours more then Cnd but haven't committed to purchasing either yet.

I can't decide ..

This looks like leftover base coat .

I really like their product line and colours more then Cnd but haven't committed to purchasing either yet.

I can't decide ..

Cuccio is really good, I get a minimum 2 weeks with all my nails. The coverage is really nice, they don't shrink and they are good quality for the price.
Xx

I can't decide ..
I use Cuccio too and they last 3 weeks on some clients. I love their colours and how easy it is to apply.

Latest posts

Back