Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
I still have no new clients and have done only 3:sad: I am advertising in a local lady gym,tanning shop,local fabric shop and have done a small drop of my price lists oh and in a pub!!Been advertising since begining of April:sad: I am going to start offering minx maybe this will help, but it seems I have no one to offer it too!!! If all the people who said they were interested when I gave them my price list booked I would be full!! I have also got a facebook page while I am waiting for my website.What am I doing wrong ?:sad: Can you please help out a fellow geek I dont want to give up.

Hi, PLease dont give up.

Try gumtree, coffee mornings, schools, nurseries, golf clubs, wedding fayres, hotels, local netmums.

There are many threads on this have a search.

Hth x

Yell.com, thomson local, other small business eg bridal shops, small clothes shops, more leaflet drops around different areas, update your facebook regular as some people get them and dont update so people forget about it and think that you have gone out of business, ad in local paper, or the little directories that go round, do some of your minx when you get it on friends and family as they can advertise this for you and gets you some more practise in aswel, refer a friend scheme, loyalty scheme, email the clients that you have had a reminder or something like that. i shall have a think. xx

I there i will be in business 2 years next month and it is only now that i am full. Loads of people including friends and family will tell you that you are great and that they'll have to book in . . . .most of the time it doesn't happen. Its takes long hours and constent effort.

Keep the chin up and keep going but it does take time

I definately recommend net mums, I have been going nearly 3 months and most of the customers I have that werent friends, family or friends of friends have come from there! You can put something on the local notice board and also people are always posting looking for beauticians.

Also I have had a few enquiries from my free listing on yell.com

Good luck :)

Thanks for the tips gonna try em all!!:hug:

Don't give up hun. It does take time and things are only just picking up for me. Even friends say they will book a treatment but don't. A neighbour has been a good advert and after doing her lashes she has got me 3 clients.

Hey
It is hard getting new clients, when we started up our products weren't well known in our area so we did each treatment on a friend or family member for free to promote for us, example a tan. set of lashes, minx, then when shellac came out we had an open night and invited friends and family and told them to bring friends, we did a raffle, drink and nibbles and demos of thew shellac, also offered tans special offer for one night only, got us lots of appointments and lots of interest. Just a thought for you, get people in just to meet you and see what your all about.
good luck
x

Maybe also approach the Motels, B&B's within a 5klm radius of where you live.
If you can, go mobile with your Minx and other treatments you offer to them if they cant make it to you?
From there you may be included into Girls weekend away packages, Weddings or just for guests that would like to relax in the comfort of their accomodations.

We found this to be a great way to promote the business and work in some really beautiful places inside lol and out..
We work between places like the 2 below.
www.paperbarkcamp.com.au
www.berrymotel.com.au

Last edited:
When I first opened ( nearly 4 yrs ago) I offered buy one get one free and did a leaflet drop to all the surrounding houses. The first treatment was to be taken before dec (we opened end of oct). The free treatment was valid after New Year until mid March - this was to make sure clients came back and get the salon busy in traditional quiet times.

It's important to put an end date on any promo because it gets the client to actually pick up the phone not stuff it in their handbag to be forgotton about.

Why not run a prize draw in your local paper, make sure you collect email addresses then you will have a potential client base to market to by newsletters.

Good luck, you will get busier

I know it really gets you down when your sitting waiting for customers, but don't give up. If your good at what you do and work hard you will be successful!
If you can get some local hairdressers in and give them a treatment that is visible to their clients (i.e spray tan, brow shape or if you decide to do it, minx) its the kind of thing people ask their hairdresser about if they like it. Offer the hairdressers a good deal to get them to have initial treatments, if it gets you more customers it's worth taking that initial loss.
Word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising but is also quite slow, kind of a drip, drip effect. Try giving people an incentive to tell their friends and family about you, such as discount.
Theres quite few websites you can advertise on for free, i'm sure theres a few threads on here if you search advertising they might tell you which sites these are. I know about google and thomson local.
Keep ya chin up anyway, i'm certain you'll come good! :D

Oh yeah, always, always get peoples email and mobile number can be invaluable for marketing in future!:D

if your mobile find places that will let you set up just a table for just an hour
(like in a gym, boutique, local slimming club, anywhere people spend a little time in) where you will offer free mini treatments to their customers (thats their incentive toi letting you)
go armed with loads of business cards, leaflets price lists whatever you have and a minimal kit to nail polishes, cleanser, toner, moisturiser and hand cream.

you do very basic quick free treatments of nail polish, mini facial (c/t/m) and hand massage.

its just to be very basic and very quick just 2-5 mins max, ass you not getting paid for this so its a quick lick of polish, quick hand massage, cleanse tone moisturise

but the reason why is you must get people to SIT DOWN that way you can speak to them uninterupted and directly for just a few minutes where you can put them at ease and make them relax and introduce you and you service.

just handing people price list is too impersonal spending a few moments with them lets them get to know u as its you they will book not the treatment.

the place where you set uo the table for the hour will be glad to advertise with posters and sending them to our table as they are giving their people something for nothing and the time yoi have them at your table is then urs to work your magic.

good luck dont give up
:D

Latest posts

Back