help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristine

Reaction score
Hi

A client called into have a nail soaked off because it had lifted from the cuticle in one piece and she was scared it might catch. I soaked off in tip remover. I am concerned as the nail looked like it was peeling it was white in places :( . Her skin around the nail also looked white so could this be a result of soaking off? I applied a coat of protein treatment as she is booked in for a infill tomorrow.

Can anyone advise me on why this could be and what i should look out for im not sure wether to apply a tip or leave it.

Cristine :?

It sounds like surface dehydration to me from the remover, on parts of the nail that have been traumatised by whatever caused the lifting. Same with the skin.

You can rebalance, but the nail will now be thinner in the places that have flaked. This nail needs care until it has grown out past the damaged area.

Hi

Thanks again Geeg for your reply. Im pleased the nail did not look as bad as when first soaked off and i think the tip remover may have dehydrated it like you said. I used Star Nails remover so i checked the label today and it is acetone i dont know if it had been buffered is that the correct term? There was a still a flaky area at the stress area so ill be checking it at the next appointment. I have applied a tip and advised the client to use solar oil.

Thanks also for the pm i received.

Cristine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back