Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misskimsi3bee

Reaction score
Heya all,
Basically, I have a client who is interested (I am mobile) and it just so happens it is one of my managers from work!

Now, she used to have highlights a few years ago, but has been colouring her hair brown for a while with a home dye. She is now wanting to go back blonde again. I have patch tested her and taken some samples of hair to colour test to be on the safe side.

I know how to lift the brown to a nice blonde shade no problems there, however she has about an inch of natural roots (a base 9 I would say and mostly white) and the brown dye is around a base 7. Obviously I can't colour test her roots before hand...any ideas on what colours to use? She only wants 2 blonde colours and maybe a slightly more golden tone when it has been lifted after a couple of sessions. But, I am completely stuck. I use loreal majirel - i understand that majimeche just wouldn't show up on the blonde.

Has anyone had this before? Any help is much appreciated! :) x

**Majimeche wouldnt show up on the white roots I mean :/

Realistically, I'd explain that just highlights won't cover her grey roots. You have two options.
1. Alternate I bleach with 1 majirel 7 on just the regrowth. Not ideal, but won't look as bad. Gloss afterwards with a diacolour golden blonde, and don't lift the highlights to white.

2. Bleach highlights, then flood between foils with the 7. Colour wash afterwards as before. You could use two different % bleaches to get some light/shade. This would be my preferred option, as blonde highlights on grey look meh.

I would do it a little differently.
I would use tint on the highlights at the root with bleach where there is tint. Inoa supreme offers 70% grey coverage and has a 10 line.
I would use 7.0 on the roots between foils.
I would tone depending on how the bleach on the ends lifts but I'd imagine a 9.13 dia light would be about right.
Explain that over tibe you will be able to build in more tones of blonde

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back