Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
hi im new and wa wondering if anyone could help me. im in the prosess of setting up my salon at home but was just wondering whats the best way to advertise,

also any help on setting up at home would be much appreciated.

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome from another East Susex tech. Where abouts are you in sunny??? Sussex

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome from another East Susex tech. Where abouts are you in sunny??? Sussex

hay im live in between lewes and uckfield

Just a stones throw from me. How cool !

hi and welcome

if you do a search on advertising or setting up you should find some info

looked on yahoo and google dident find much though

looked on yahoo and google dident find much though

sorry i should have said do a search on here for advertising and setting up info

Search Sassy Hassy's threads and you will find a very good one on advertising, she really knows her stuff:lol:

Hi & welcome to the site :hug:

I have had mixed response with advertising.

Ive never got much success from leaflet drops but many others have so I guess it depends which area you target and how many.

The best results for me have been adverts in the local paper offering a discount (50% off was my best ever result and I was fully booked whilst the offer was on) and ive also gained quite a few regulars from that first advert.

You can also get a free listing in the yellow pages and thompson local.

Good luck and keep us updated :)

Hi, welcome to the site. I also work from home and I wouldn't have it any other way.

A have a free line with Thompson and Yellow Pages/yell.com. What works best though is word of mouth, esp if accompanied by a discount for both parties, I give 25% to both parties off their next appointment and it works really well. Amazing how many more people they find to tell!

Leaflet drops are OK but only about a 1% take up rate and that can be months after the leaflet drop. For me, shop window ads, local paper ads and local rec. centre ads have brought virtually nothing.

good luck, keep us posted xx

thanks for all your help ill let you no how it goes
:D

you could try putting flyers up
in your local chippy, shop, doctors, community centre,
ladies loo's in pubs, shopping centres , speak to your local taxi firm and ask if they would put some business cards in the cab's for you (another geek ladybgemini has done this , and seems a good way to advertise)

Try to think of anywhere in your area you ever have to sit and wait bored, !
because when you are waiting for something and you are bored , your eyes will search for anything to read to make you look busy lol ,

so make sure your flyers stand out, go on a little walk and look around to see what flyers grab your attention and which ones you wouldnt bother reading, then look at why !

hth xxxx

Latest posts

Back