help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellymac

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a a interview with a hair product company and just wanted your onion on the following:

1. your opion of the hair industry at this time
2. the like and dislike of salons with reference to hairdressing companies.
3. what are the main needs of salons
4. Apart from a hairdressing service what other opprortunites are there to increase business?

Thanks all

Kxx

Hi there everyone,

I have my interview this wk and have just got back off hols so not left much time, any response would be appreciated to earlir post...

many thanks

Kelly :lol:

Hi , could you possibly rephrase your questions as I cannot quite get the jist of what you are asking :confused: ?

Hi Minky, I need to do a presentation for around 10 miutes including the following,

Hi everyone

I have a a interview with a hair product company and just wanted your opinion on the following:

1. what is the hair industry like, has it changed much etc?
2. the like and dislike/ frustrations/ good things with reference to hairdressing companies so suppliers
4. Apart from a hairdressing service what other opprortunites are there to increase business?

Thanks

Kxx

Hi everyone

I have a a interview with a hair product company and just wanted your onion on the following:

1. your opion of the hair industry at this time
2. the like and dislike of salons with reference to hairdressing companies.

Thanks all

Kxx

Hi ,well here goes with my views but some other nice geekys may also contribute

1) The hair and fashion industry tends to go full circle meaning all old styles make a comeback and are then seen as a new style again ,
The hairdressing industry changed for the better with the introduction of better performing products and training updates to train the hairdressers how to use these products ,

The Training of hairdressers is far better than it used to be eg , Colleges have much better in depth training than they used to have , also CPD (continuous professional development) has now been introduced
and any in house training or product update information training within a hairdressing environment eg hairdressing wholesalers training classes can now be classed as part of CPD .

2) I would say that most hairdressers get frustrated when there is a new hair product launched out and there is no training for that product or they want to charge us for the privilege.

If they want us to buy it this new product they should demonstrate it to us free of charge .(That way we gain some CPD , they gain custom )

Hairdressers get very frustrated when cold callers come in from Hairdressing wholesalers, we don't like to order goods under pressure either
Our working time is very important so please make an appointment,

Hairdressers like to order stock in their own time and perhaps online and want incentives like ; discount for bulk orders or at least no charge for delivery if its a big order,
and loyal hairdressing customers should have free delivery from their wholesalers .

Hairdressers get very frustrated at those very rude unhelpful customer counter people , also if we use the phone to place an order directly to our salons.
We just hate the rudeness of some of these people not to mention some of the the returns policy's are even worse .

It means such a lot to any hairdresser to go to the wholesalers and come back with exactly what they went for .

3) We need courteous sales people with good manners , goods that are always in stock , fast delivery, fantastic products at a reasonable price ,
discounts for the more you buy in goods, loyalty incentives ,
we need reliable hot water systems, and reliable hairdryers, straighteners, products that do what they say they do,
and user friendly furnishings , and a well planned out salon ect,
plus reliable product orders coming on time from the hairdressing warehouse

free training with new products , no cold callers, a no quibble returns policy , a good browsing Catalouge sent yearly, reasonable training courses would be great , an online easy to use orderline , easy to read displayed prices ,
flyer's or emails to tell us of any new products and also some samples .

free display cabinets which can be taken back if we choose not to retail your products anymore.

4) The wholesalers could explain about a salon furniture and equipment plan
for shop refurbishments ( that could be paid on a monthly plan )
and how it would benefit the shop ? and also how we can claim for this refurbishment against our taxes ect ,
and how to part exchange our old furniture ?

You could promote retail customer support product packages for clients hair in between salon visits ,
wholesalers could suggest to salon owners where displays are best situated,
also see and suggest if any nail bars or beauty treatments could be incorporated within the salon and see if any retail products could be sold in these other areas
vending machines for cool water and coffee may be something to think about .

Anyway here are just a few thoughts for you to have a pick of
number 2 is a bit sketchy as i didn't know what angle I was answering it at .

Some other nice geekys may want to add some more too,
I hope I am on the right track good luck with your interview :hug: x

thanks so much Minky, gives me much more of an insight and helps loads..

Kellyx x

Great post Minky spot on.

Hope your interview goes well Kelly ... though do you really really want to work with us lot in the salons .. phew.

Latest posts

Back