Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybeen101

Reaction score
hi all

i went for a spray tan yesturday and I have shower today and on one of my legs, right down the side is white and part of the other leg at the bottom is white as well. went back to the salon today and they said that theres nothing they can do about it but told me to buy the self tan towels to fix it.

Just wondering what would be the best way to fix it and would the self tan towel work is there a better way to sort it out. My friend also got it done with me and she has white marks around her knee and bottom leg.

Just wondering what i can do about it and all help welcome

thanks all
janine

Hi and welcome to the site :hug:

Did you wear loose fitting clothes eg trousers and also did you wear long boots?

The reason I ask, is that hopefully you were told not to wear tight clothing or boots straight after your spray tan!

The spray tan solution can rub off onto your clothing and therefore, not develop as fully and leave white patches!

If you wore long boots and your legs became sweaty, then this would also inhibit the development of your tan!

When showering excessive rubbing will fade your tan as will rubbing your self dry with a towel afterwards, so try and avoid this if possible!

Also some high street soap products can also fade your tan, so use products recommended by the salon you used.

Tan extenders are a good idea and there is no reason why the tan towel you have bought from the salon should not do the job :wink2:

Other than that I would always recommend going to a salon and follow the before and aftercare to ensure you have the best result :hug:

Hope it all works out for you :hug:

thanks Debbie

I was wearing loose trackbottoms and the white was there before i got into the shower, it looked like she has missed right down the side of my leg. The girl said that it must not have took to the tan, but the rest of my body has so i dont understand why this part hasnt

just hope the tan towels work as iam going to a wedding tomorrow

thanks again
janine :)

What a shame :hug: have you used the towel yet? Once applied, the tan should develop in a few hours and should last for several days.

Whatever, the result, enjoy your wedding tomorrow, I'm sure you will look fab :hug:

thanks Debbie

I was wearing loose trackbottoms and the white was there before i got into the shower, it looked like she has missed right down the side of my leg. The girl said that it must not have took to the tan, but the rest of my body has so i dont understand why this part hasnt

just hope the tan towels work as iam going to a wedding tomorrow

thanks again
janine :)

Hiya Janine

What brand was it that the salon used?

I think you are right from what you are saying, she has missed a bit!

The thing is there is a lot of salons out there that are doing spraytans and have had no training, And most are using a machine from say Argos, that is designed to spray garden fences.

Using a tan wipe is not what i would have advised but hope this works for you... if not, you will have to wear trousers to the wedding! :eek: xx

If you really think she has 'missed a bit' dont be fobbed off, complain ! at least you might get your money back, or some of it ! but go in as soon as possible and show her again before it wears off. Be interested to know what brand she used and if shes had any training.

hey all

thanks for your replys. she used california tan, i dont like complaining a dont think i could go back to complain again, just not going to use them again.

thanks all again
janine

They have missed that part of your leg,
and they should have put it right for you by spraying the missed part and blending it into the rest of the tan,
and this should have been done free of charge,
anyone can make a mistake but it is their fault and their responsibility to put it right for you :hug:

Hiya Janine

What brand was it that the salon used?

I think you are right from what you are saying, she has missed a bit!

The thing is there is a lot of salons out there that are doing spraytans and have had no training, And most are using a machine from say Argos, that is designed to spray garden fences.

Eep, tis a good job you weren't tanned with Creosote then! Cheeky salon! You'd probably get a *much* better job done if you modelled for one of the tanning training courses!

Eep, tis a good job you weren't tanned with Creosote then! Cheeky salon! You'd probably get a *much* better job done if you modelled for one of the tanning training courses!
Or just went to a reputable salon! Have a look through the site and see if there are any geeks in your area that do spray tanning! I know its no good for now, but it will be handy for future tanning sessions!!

xxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back