Help Please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokimercury

Reaction score
Hey, heres my story (i'm a guy and have medium length hair)

- Naturally a medium to dark blonde.

- Foolishly dyed hair permanently black for several months.

After a long battle of trying to get from black to brown, I eventually came across Affinage Eraser, a hair colour remover and although it was risky; I tried it and it actually stripped my hair from black to a light brown.

As with most hair colour removers, the light brown went to a dark brown with the re-colour, but ever since I've had a medium brown hair colour, which has been okay and I'm glad I got over the black hurdle.

However, I really want to head towards my natural colour now as I'm stuck in a never-ending cycle of re-dyeing as you can imagine how quickly my hair fades to a horrible colour; and I just couldn't face chopping it all off! I've already left my hair to fade for a month and its a patchy light brown (not a very nice colour!).

In an ideal scenario, this would be my plan:

- Let it fade for a couple more weeks to a very light brown.
- Use the stripper again and get it to a medium blonde (will probably go a horrible colour)
- Have a nice medium ash blonde coloured over it.
- Get a full head of highlights.

Would this work? I would then hope that my natural colour would grow underneath the dyed blonde, and would grow into it in a less harsh manner as the dyed medium brown fading to natural blonde process.

Thanks and would really appreciate any advice.

P.S. Here are pics of the colour I'm eventually aiming for (Mitch Hewer from Skins).

002dn0.jpg

img1489hu3.jpg

Hiya ... I ain't a hair geek so cant advise you hun but i would definitely not do anything else to it yourself unless you are a trained hairdresser.

Hi, you could go to a hairdressers or a College and have it done professionally,
as the more you put on it the worse the porosity will get ,
as bagpuss says you really do need to go and get it sorted out by a professional,
they will need to see your hair and
asess it and have a full consultation with you,

Ps like the hair colour you are aiming for x :hug: good luck minky

go to the hairdressers. thg:)

Hi, thanks for your advice :)

I'm definately going to get the medium ash blonde and highlights done at the hair salon, but the stripping I will probably do at home because it worked fine before (without damaging my hair), but I will make sure I consult my hairdresser with the process.

i would try to work out what base you are now, and when you have enough regrowth through put a blending semi on to get rid of any unwanted tones and patchness diacolour hi -b semi can actually lift base shades by half to one shade ,but do come out a shade darker than other colours ! s id check the colour chatrt first -and your hair is gonna absorb. Hi lights are another option ,i wouldnt apply another decolourant , but id leave it as long as possible , maybe a coulpe of weeks b4 a holiday/wedding ,party , because when the roots come through you will need to keep having them done and you may get slight overlap damage and with the decolourant as well you are gonna need to take seriously good care of your hair
YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO ACHIEVE THIS COLOUR IN THE PHOTO WITHIN 6 MONTHS. GET MORE OPINIONS , BUT I THINK YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HAIR FIRST .

Last edited:
Well I'll scrap the whole high-lights/bleaching for now, as I'll do that in the future when I'm close or at my natural colour.

Its been so long since I've seen my natural hair colour, but an estimate would be a medium to dark blonde (my roots are not very reliable).

Do you think I can manage to get close to my natural colour? Obviously I will have to use a stripper at first, because It would take too long to wait for it to fade.

I'm not worried about using a stripper as I've done it before, it worked and didn't damage my hair. What I'm worried about is then getting the stripped colour to the colour I'm aiming for and which is closest to my natural hair (medium to dark ash blonde), because I will have to use a colour several shades lighter then my desired colour, as new colour upon stripped colour always seems to go darker. Obviously my hairdresser will know what to do, but I would like your advice.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back