help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph

Reaction score
can anyone recomend a good book on nail art? ive reently been doing the airbrushing and love it but never had any real training on basic nail art. im quite arty ;) and manage stones, transfers etc but could do with some step by step on which brushes to use for different effects like marbling and blending. thank you ;)

Steph said:
can anyone recomend a good book on nail art?........ and manage stones, transfers etc but could do with some step by step on which brushes to use for different effects like marbling and blending. thank you ;)

The K-Sa-Ra one is quite good for free hand art. I am sure there will be others. www.netnails.net (I think)

I have found airbrushing videos to be more helpful. The Essential Nails Airbrushing video is great for techniques, you can usually pick up a second hand one on either Ebay or Nail Message Boards. I also have the set of Too Much Fun Airbrushing Videos, which use their masks for the designs shown, but do give you some great tips and ideas.

I also find looking at other people's nail art on the 'net gives me ideas - just takes a bit of practice, but there are some great 'step by steps' out there if you look - Melle at www.allthingsnails.co.uk does some on here site and I've seen some others but the names of the sites don't vome to mind just yet.

Jackie

thanks fiona and jackie, i think a friend has the k sa ra book so ill look it up. but could still do with some advice on how to blend colours by hand (brush) and how to marbel.

ive had a go with the cup of water and two drops of different coloured polish but it only worked on one nail the others just looked a mess.

ive got a marbeling tool that i use for creating petals etc but wasn't sure what else to do with it? do i apply different colours to the nail and then just swirl in them?

any guidance would be appreciated, as i said my airbrusing is fine but would like to improve my hand art skills.

Heya :)

Im forever doing the water marbling, I was 'taught' the idea by another nail tech called Naho - she does FAB watermarbles and she's a LOVELY lady!!

I drop a colour in the water and immediately drop the 2nd one ON TOP of the prvious colour. I wait for them to spread out a bit, take a cocktail stick and swirl them together. When it looks ok, I dip my nail in, wait til the rest of the varnish on the water surface to disintergrate or I brush it aside with my stick (so wen I pull my nail out it doesnt get a 2nd coating of varnish!) then take out my finger.

Thats how I do watermarbling, it takes practise and its messy but with time, you'll be a pro ;-)

To see my watermarbles, click here http://kookynails.tripod.com/kooky-nails/id15.html

To see Naho's watermarbles, click here http://www.geocities.com/nahoahlberg/watermarble.html

http://www.geocities.com/nahoahlberg/wm2.html

thanx Layla, i'll certainly give the watermarbling another go. yours and Naho's look great! think i know where i went wrong last time. just a quick question though, do i re drop two colours of polish back in the water for every nail?
also when doing normal marbling, do i just paint the nail then apply a few "blobs" of a different colour, then swirl with my swirly stick thing??? i thanks steph

hiya

yea, aftyer you've done a nail, pick up the varnish on the water surface with a cocktail/orange stick, wipe it onto tissue and drop fresh varnish in!!

Good luck, keep at it ;-)

xxlaylaxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back