Help pls: Shellac mani & pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I've got a client booked tonight (Fri 1 Oct) for a Shellac mani (just basic pep and application) and a CND SpaPedicure with Shellac. All good! But I was just wondering what your advice would be for the best way round to do things. I was thinking the mani first, then Shellac the feet followed by the pedi. Or I could Shellac the feet first and make a start on the mani while the mask is on etc...or am I just going to get myself in a muddle and make the overall experience less relaxing for the client:irked:?

Lol I think I've just answered my own question, but I'd love to hear how you do things. Thanks! x

Sorry, forgive me - just a bump 'cos of the short timescale x

Hiya,

I do quite a few shellac spa pedis & shellac manis together (got one in this morning).

I always do the shellac on the toes first, followed by the spa pedi. I then place a towel on the floor for the client to pop her feet on to allow the moisturising goodness her feet have just had to soak in properly whilst I clear away the pedi bowl & stuff the I do her shellac mani.
Then she puts her shoes back on after. Not everyone wants to leave there feet out, so some put their shoes back on straight after.
But I like to get the feet done & finished first then move onto the mani - the client is sat at my desk at the end of all the treatments and ready to pay, rather than shuffling about moving pedi stuff, bowls towels etc out the way and stuff looking for her bag etc iykwim.

Thanks Bev. Know what you mean about all the pedicure gubbins! Being mobile no matter how organised I am I always feel that there's so much stuff!x

I do the shellac manicure first and then the shellac pedicure and them spa pedicure. I find clients like to sit back and relax while the feet are being done and is a good way to end the whole service. Do what works best and is most comfortable for you ad your client. When you have done it a few times you will probably work out which way works best. Good Luck xx

In this instance I would do the fingers first, because like you said you are just doing basic prep on the fingernails, so I would get that out of the way, then the client can really chill and enjoy her spa pedi and finish on a nice relaxed note.

Thanks to all of you. This'll be my first Shellac Spa Pedi. I am right in thinking you do the Shellac application first, then the normal pedi procedure, right? x

Thanks to all of you. This'll be my first Shellac Spa Pedi. I am right in thinking you do the Shellac application first, then the normal pedi procedure, right? x

Yes. Cleanse the feet, trim/shape the toenails, then prep the nails & proceed as usual with the Shellac. You can then remove the hard skin, exfoliate, mask, massage etc afterwards. x

Hi girls

Just an update: I did the mani first and then the pedi. All went fine except the client took ages to choose the colours she wanted (didn't want the same on her hands as on her toes!). Thank goodness she didn't have Shellac to remove as well or I'd probably still be there now ;) x

Latest posts

Back