Help removing Crazy Colour blue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygal

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for some help with removing the crazy colour sky blue and also the crazy colour purple from my hair, the purple isn't so much of an issue but I'm struggling on what to do about the blue (See pic)

I've tried using L'Oréal effassor to lift some of it out but only goes a brighter blue/green colour! - Which as a result I just decided to cover it back up again with the sky blue.

I'm a hairdresser so I get that I need to be patient and might not get rid of it first time!

I'm looking to achieve a dark mahogany Violet - (L'Oréal products we use in the Salon) but I'm open to any advice on other colour brands I can buy myself at Salon Services.

Attachments

• _20170117_094648.JPG
    _20170117_094648.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 92
Could try permanent clear and 20vol? But as you've already used effassor on it, it might have stained the cuticle.

Thanks I'll give that a try on a test cutting!
I've had a few suggestions of majarel Base 10 with 30vol?! I would rather something more gentle on this area of my hair as it was previously bleached

I've heard that as well, take a test cutting, and try both, see which one works or is most gentle :)

I've heard that as well, take a test cutting, and try both, see which one works or is most gentle :)

I will do ☺ I think I might just need to persevere and try cleansing as much out as possible for the next week or two.....and just have my hair tied up for a while

Effasor is for removing permanent oxidising colour.

You should have used a product for removing direct dye.

Unfortunately, you've probably stained the cuticle now so your only option will be to cover over it or cut it out. Using a clear and 20vol might have helped but won't do anything if the cuticle layer is stained.
Don't use 30vol. Sounds like your colleagues are just making wild guesses...:rolleyes:

Blue and green seem to be the hardest to remove! I agree with poster above, Effasor is not meant for DDs. Joico Eraser, Malibu DDL, or the clear ammonia booster with 0-20 vol are you best bets for removal.

Did you get it removed? How'd it go?

Agree with above any semi permanent colour either blue or green will stain a lot quicker than other colours. Other than the in salon options its more home remedies for you to try: Washing with Head and Shoulders a few times, Colour B4 Extra Strength has worked to remove some pigment for me before, or even the Goldwell Colour removing system. It depends on how strong the staining is/ how long you have been doing blue. Checking other forums for alternative hair colouring, they may provide some other gentle home options to atleast lighten the colour out.

Last edited:
Good luck that's all I can say, I had I client use peacock blue and I tried lifting then depositing colour and the stuff still shone through after a few weeks it's a nightmare. Lucky enough the client just coloured her ends and had real long hair after me attempting shifting the colour we resorted to giving her a good trim and cutting it out as I suggested in the first place knowing it would be a pain. Dunno why clients do it as it takes minutes to put in and months to shift

Latest posts

Back