Help Removing Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie day

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone could go through the steps of removing gel with me? I haven't done this for a while and I have a client tomorrow evening who wants her gel enhancements removed so want to make sure I get it right and do a good job. I use millennium gel which is buff off I believe and have also applied tips.

Many thanks.

If it truly gel, the only way to remove them would be be filing them off.

It really depends if its a soak off gel or buff off.?

Hi there,

You need file down the length of the nails and then buff the gel to a fine layer and then leave it to grow out.

Your client may find it helpful to wear polish or a nail strengthener while the gel is growning out.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Karen

Thanks for your replies everyone. The gel is definately buff off. Just a few more questions, how long should this take and what grit file should I be using?

Karen said:
Hi there,

You need file down the length of the nails and then buff the gel to a fine layer and then leave it to grow out.

Your client may find it helpful to wear polish or a nail strengthener while the gel is growning out.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Karen

hi

It will depend on the thickness of your application. You should follow the manufacturers removal instructions.

If it is buff off start with a low grit and then go down to a really fine one then buff to a shine and apply top coat.

apply plenty of solar oil to keep them nourished.

Latest posts

Back