Help! Sent client back to black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charl1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can offer me words of wisdom. Client/ close friend of mine had jet black hair -been colouring with permanence box colour for 3+ years. She went to a salon who stripped it once (lifted well to an orange i was told) they then put a semi on and went reddy-brown prob base of a 4ish. She is wanting to go a vibrant purple so today (2weeks later as had faded alot) i have put on koleston 55/66 with mix tone 0/66 with 9% ends and 6% roots. Thinking this would be plenty of lift, washed and dried and now virtually black with tone of purple (when sunlight hits it). So my question is....where do i go from here as whenever i have stripped and ccoloured I've never had an issue?!?!! Feel awfull as she a very nervous client and a good pal!

Thanks in advance!!

Charl xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi
From my own past experiences hair thats been colour stripped is more porous than normal,so normally you need to go a shade lighter or so.
I know that youve coloured 2 weeks after a colour was applied however if the clients hasnt been treating her with with reconstructors then the hair is still porous.
Did you do a strand test first?
x

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can offer me words of wisdom. Client/ close friend of mine had jet black hair -been colouring with permanence box colour for 3+ years. She went to a salon who stripped it once (lifted well to an orange i was told) they then put a semi on and went reddy-brown prob base of a 4ish. She is wanting to go a vibrant purple so today (2weeks later as had faded alot) i have put on koleston 55/66 with mix tone 0/66 with 9% ends and 6% roots. Thinking this would be plenty of lift, washed and dried and now virtually black with tone of purple (when sunlight hits it). So my question is....where do i go from here as whenever i have stripped and ccoloured I've never had an issue?!?!! Feel awfull as she a very nervous client and a good pal!

Thanks in advance!!

Charl xxxx

Same as above, I think that the hair has been so porous from the stripper, semi and now a permanent it’s just soaked up the colour. If the hair allows, bleach bath the permanent out, apply a really good reconstructing treatment, and maybe offer a true semi until the hair condition allows a semi to be applied. I would apply a 77/45 CT and then crazy colour pink, this will bring out a lovely purple. :) Been here a few times haha good luck :D

I didn't do a strand test - Knew i should have but always been ok in the past. Silly mistake i know! Didn't really want to bleach bath. Could i strip it out (always found that to be less harsh on hair?!) then use a base 7 colour such as you suggested then a crazy colour? Would this be as effective? Thanks xxx

Hi.
If the hairs gone to nearly black again and you do another colour strip the hair will still be just as porous.
I agree with above.I would do a bleach bath just to shift a few shades,then treat with reconstructor,then apply colour BUT go a shade lighter with 6%,then treat again after.
I would do wet stretch tests first thyou7gh to check condition before starting,do one during and after.Hair can LOOK ok but can change condition very quickly when having alot of ptocesses done.
x

thanks for the advise all, the time has come to do this client. i was.going to bleach bath, would you do
1pt bleach, 1pt peroxide, 1 spoo and 1 water? been a long time. was going to use color touch, or should i use perm? thanks in advance!!!! x

agree with above, another option- do bleach h/l weave or slices then apply quasi and retail crazy col to be topped up with at home.

From the years I have colour stripped i learnt the hair is more porous so takes half the amount of time to develop and really you should only use quasi not permanent colours on it!
Depending on what the hair condition is like you may have to do a cleanse again! Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back