Help! Shellac removal - what have I done wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be totally honest. I find nail wrap things a nightmare. I use strips of highlighting foil. I tear 10 off, use a couple of pumps of remover, place on the nail and wrap super tight. We're not a cheap salon and I also like keeping the same brands but I find the wraps really hard to work with.

Good luck

Vic x
Strips of highlighting foil? Again something new to me - could you elaborate - loyalty is a big thing for me but so is practically [emoji57]
Thank you

Haha. I'm with you on that. So normal foil that comes in a thin roll to do highlights. Tear off 10 and they're about 4" x 4". Perfect for wrapping x

Haha. I'm with you on that. So normal foil that comes in a thin roll to do highlights. Tear off 10 and they're about 4" x 4". Perfect for wrapping x

[emoji23] haven't got a clue what you're on about but I'm intrigued [emoji12]

Buy highlighter foil from a hair suppliers and you'll see what I mean. Cheap as chips and does a great job x

I cant use the wraps either, I use asda extra thick foil, rip into long strips then rip again and get 4/5 bits out of a strip. Its lovely and thick and really helps dissolve the gel quickly. Im not greedy by any means but this works out so much cheaper than the wraps and more effective for me

I can't use the remover wraps either! Too fiddly, triangles of cotton and highlighting foil all the way!

I'll be totally honest. I find nail wrap things a nightmare. I use strips of highlighting foil. I tear 10 off, use a couple of pumps of remover, place on the nail and wrap super tight. We're not a cheap salon and I also like keeping the same brands but I find the wraps really hard to work with.

Good luck

Vic x
Also lightly buffing the shellac prior to soaking off helps ;)

Also lightly buffing the shellac prior to soaking off helps ;)
But that's the whole point isn't it that genuine shellac absolutely doesn't need to be buffed. I have no problem removing shellac at all. My other gel, yes, I need to buff, but not shellac.

I only buff 'shellac' when it's been put on elsewhere and I can't guarantee its genuine CND shellac x

But that's the whole point isn't it that genuine shellac absolutely doesn't need to be buffed. I have no problem removing shellac at all. My other gel, yes, I need to buff, but not shellac.

I only buff 'shellac' when it's been put on elsewhere and I can't guarantee its genuine CND shellac x

I totally agree [emoji15] I really don't want to be walking a path away from my training. Like I've already mentioned I've seen it come off my own nails with the CND foils so easily. Buffing is a no no to me as the whole reason I chose this system is due to its ease of application & removal.

I've obviously gone very wrong somewhere & it appears it could be a number of reasons. I'm just at a loss & hate being beaten.

Could you show a pikkie? I'm not sure how you would apply the remover without getting it all over your hands? [emoji15]

I can't use the remover wraps either! Too fiddly, triangles of cotton and highlighting foil all the way!

As above could you show a pikkie. It sounds more fiddly but I'd like to see how you apply them. Than you [emoji106]

Hope this works x

Attachments

• 1445412361674.jpg
    1445412361674.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 102
Yay. That should help x

Hope this works x

Thank you, [emoji179] I'm still not sure how it makes it easier - could explain how you do it? - sorry to be a pain. Also I have a local Sally's so do you know of anything I could get from there. The brand you're using where do you get it from?

Thanks again [emoji106]

Does this help you? (Excuse my dressing gown sleeves :) )

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445412838.292937.jpg

Does this help you? (Excuse my dressing gown sleeves :) )

View attachment 191376

I think so [emoji57] I'm looking at Sally's online right now & I've not got a clue what foils to get. There are so many - and I can't figure out how many removals I would get.

[emoji179]

I would get a roll that fits within your budget right now. How many removals will be personal to you- how long the roll you buy is, and what size you cut each piece to.

I personally quite like the S Professional remover wraps from Sally's, which are precut and made up just like the CND ones, but more cost effective for me, as I don't always feel like cutting up foil and cotton lol.

I use the hairdressers foil that's pre cut into rectangles and comes in a pack and also cut my cotton pads into quarters.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445415806.617152.jpg

Cut a circle disc of cotton into 4 triangles. (Someone posted a photo above), split the triangles into 2 (cotton discs are usually 2 ply, you don't have to do this but it saves on cotton). Pump some remover into your cotton triangle (I soak them well in it), place triangle over nail, then wrap in foil.
That's how I do it.

I bought the hairdressing foil but decided it was too much effort :p

These are the Magis foils, there is even a video to show you how to use them

http://magissupplies.com/

I get mine from eBay, various sellers, usually £25ish for 500

Latest posts

Back