help! singed hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
ive somehow ended up with my fringe singed:cry:.i do straighten my hair using ghds but not everyday and i realise that your hair should be cut otherwise it will keep splitting up the hair shaft but as its my fringe it would end up being cut off and i would look stupid.has anyone got any ideas on what i can do/use for the meantime? im not straightening my fringe anymore but is there anything else that would help.thanks

Last edited:
the only thing i can suggest is to condition ur fringe leave it on for a bit and wash off , and instead of straightening ur hair use a large rounded brush and blow dry your fringe on a cool setting getting it as flat as possible and run a tiny bit of serum through the ends with ur fingers

thanks for your reply.thats what ive been doing instead is blowdrying i just need to get the hang of it abit more as i still struggle to get it flat.im gutted thats happened to my hair as ive been straightening my hair for years and its never happened before.xx
anyone else got any advice?

Last edited:
get a good contioning treatment, aussie haircare is good and leave it on your fringe for a few hours. otherwise, all u can do i as u say just blowdry with a brush try not to use your straightenrs on it. you could have it chipped into at the hairdressers this will take some of the singed hair out without removing the length. and use a blowdry spray.

or you could... depending on the style of your hair, bring more hair into your fringe to make it thicker yes and also to mask the split hair, your hair would look a lot healthier for doing this and it would also give your fringe a chance to rest - if it was thicker.. when you straightened it the heat wouldn't be directly on the singed bits so it wouldn't be as bad! also lots of lovely conditioning masks, and little trims to get the ends off xx hths

Last edited by a moderator:
or you could... depending on the style of your hair, bring more hair into your fringe to make it thicker yes and also to mask the split hair, your hair would look a lot healthier for doing this and it would also give your fringe a chance to rest - if it was thicker.. when you straightened it the heat wouldn't be directly on the singed bits so it wouldn't be as bad! also lots of lovely conditioning masks, and little trims to get the ends off xx hths
thats a great idea but my fringe is already fairly thivk so i think if i made it any thicker it would start to far back and look abit silly.ive just been wearing it to the side at the mo so that i dont have to straighten it.thanks though:)

Latest posts

Back