HELP! Spiders in log cabin salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopi679

Reaction score
I have a log cabin as my salon and its beautiful, warm, natural and unique which I love:lol:.......BUT I have a problem!:cry:

This may seem petty to you spider lovers out there but I am absolutely 100% arachnophobic and more!!!!:!:

Due to the natural wood of the cabin it often expands and then shrinks due to weather, there are no real gaps but little tiny slats big enough for spiders to get through!

I have to admit I dont get many, but when I do they are often so big and hairy I could wax their legs.....all 8 of em! ( the joys of living in the country side near harvest fields)

Ive never seen one when Ive had a client but there is sometimes a big one high up on the beams when i open up where I cant reach (other half comes in handy for this) and it scares the hell out of me, its making me feel nervous each time I open up now.
I have tried spraying this thing called spider stop around the wood but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop them getting in?
Please give any suggestions as its making me feel ill, I think I have a real phobia.
Thanks in advance.x

We have a spray in Spain which guards against 'crawling insects' and lasts for up to 1 year after you've sprayed it...
it works for all 'unwinged' insects.

Try google to see if there's anything similar available in the UK.

hth's

please please please and i really mean this,

NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!
its not fair on those of us who have a fear of these things!!
im panicking now incase someone posts one, ill leave if you do!!!

Thanks Sandi I will give it a try.

Lotus Blossom, dont worry Im not going to post any pics, I hardly stay around asking them to pose for me!
If I see one it is like an immaculately timed operation to get it removed asap, I cant stand to even look at them myself!

wow thanks Sandi some of these products look mean!
Right, off to order now............

Cant remember where i heard it ,but on tv this week somewhere ,and they evidently dont like conkers.
I think you just put a few around the room.In your case you may have to throw them at them or challenge them to a match..who loses leaves.

wow thanks Sandi some of these products look mean!
Right, off to order now............
You're welcome :hug:

I've never used any of the products I linked to, but ordering 1 or 2 of them has to be better than having the hairy crawlies in your log cabin :Scared:

what ever you do don`t kill any of the spiders that come in as you will get the whole family coming in to look for the one you killed !!:lol:

what ever you do don`t kill any of the spiders that come in as you will get the whole family coming in to look for the one you killed !!:lol:

So true, you kill one and the rest come in to see what went on lol :eek:. I absoloutley hate them and am petrified of them, so my sympathies are with you :hug:

OK... just kill them and the whole family....it won't take that long:lol:
OR you could just put them outside..I do that and then they leave you alone and move on...they are only spiders:lol:
Sorry Nik..I said the word :eek: x

As well as conkers I've also heard that spiders (and other bugs) dislike citrus. So if you wiped around the areas where they are getting in it might help.

Having said that I have to say that I have never seen such big spiders around as I have this year.:Scared: They have been huuuuuge!

Oh... I feel for you. I hate spiders as well and when they're hairy... well I'd probably have to move out!

OK... just kill them and the whole family....it won't take that long:lol:
OR you could just put them outside..I do that and then they leave you alone and move on...they are only spiders:lol:
Sorry Nik..I said the word :eek: x

Murderer, leave them alone:green::green::green:

{hides the photo's of the Spanish tarantulas LOL}
hth's

I wanna see those babies!!! We live in a brand new apartment block - im not kidding you there are MAHOOOOSIVE ones that sit by the door downstairs!! Absolutely massive. I think creepy things are just generally getting bigger all the time!! I saw some VERY strange things flying aroud this year!

I wanna see those babies!!! We live in a brand new apartment block - im not kidding you there are MAHOOOOSIVE ones that sit by the door downstairs!! Absolutely massive. I think creepy things are just generally getting bigger all the time!! I saw some VERY strange things flying aroud this year!
I won't add the pics I have to the thread because they're not nice as they're close up :eek:

If you want to see them drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send them to you :hug:

I can virtually guarantee you that your spiders won't be like the one's we've had, they're 'old world tarantulas' and burrow underground, they're ruddy horrible and scare the crap out of me, but non more so than when my daughter found one in her bedroom on her valance sheet :eek: :eek: :eek:

I won't add the pics I have to the thread because they're not nice as they're close up :eek:

If you want to see them drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send them to you :hug:

I can virtually guarantee you that your spiders won't be like the one's we've had, they're 'old world tarantulas' and burrow underground, they're ruddy horrible and scare the crap out of me, but non more so than when my daughter found one in her bedroom on her valance sheet :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG OMG OMG - They are IN YOUR HOUSE?!?!?!

I would FREAK! I couldnt stay! I'd be afraid of one biting my bum on the loo! Or being in my shoe!!!! Your poor daughter having to sleep in the bed knowing it was on the valance!!!!!

That is HUGE. And FAT.

Gawd Sandi - your brave! Who got it in the pint glass?!

Ok, because we are naturally drawn to what we are afraid of.... I have to know, how do you kill these suckers? I have a real hard time with any spiders that are 'squishy'. I don't know if I could do it....

OMG OMG OMG - They are IN YOUR HOUSE?!?!?!
We had 2/3 in the house this summer, but there has been more outside this year than any other.

Gawd Sandi - your brave! Who got it in the pint glass?!
My son did, bless him lol

I have to know, how do you kill these suckers?
Hubby's size 9's do a bit of a fab job :lol: and now that I'm a tad braver my size 6's don't do too badly either lol

The thing you have to be careful of is their bite, they rear up and get mega defensive, even though they're the one's who have invaded our territory.
They've got 'digger' legs at the front for burrowing and it makes them look like they've got 10 legs!!!

Thankfully the spider season is over now, until next July :Scared:

My son did, bless him lol

Hubby's size 9's do a bit of a fab job :lol: and now that I'm a tad braver my size 6's don't do too badly either lol

The thing you have to be careful of is their bite, they rear up and get mega defensive, even though they're the one's who have invaded our territory.
They've got 'digger' legs at the front for burrowing and it makes them look like they've got 10 legs!!!

Thankfully the spider season is over now, until next July :Scared:

OMG!!!!!!! Bite? Rear up? Digger legs? :eek::eek::eek:

I guess I have it really easy. This has helped me put the garden spiders in perspective. You must be DREADING July... So creepy.

Latest posts

Back