Help, spilled wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha.xo

Reaction score
Hi!
Can anyone please tell me how to get wax of laminate and my beauty trolly, I put my trolley away in my Spair room about a year ago went to get it out tonight and my wax pot has toppled over it’s all in the gaps of the shelves and the wheel is covered [emoji85]
Thanks
0802bbfc91c943c6352523c3153a0961.jpg
afb33499cc5c2358d54acf539d100141.jpg

Oh dear...sorry that happened. We use a product called Goo Gone to clean up smaller amounts of wax off of our trolleys, the floor, etc. You may need a whole bottle but it would probably do the trick: https://googone.com/ Good luck!

Thanks I will have to get some

Don’t worry!! This has happened to me a few times. It doesn’t look that bad trust me!

Recently my Adam and Eve wax arrived with a piece of plastic missing from the bottom of the tub but I didn’t notice it and it leaked out into my microwave and all over my floor and sides and was like lava. It literally poured out the microwave. It was like a scene from volcano! Hahaaa. I wrote off the microwave but if I can get it out of carpet you can do this!

It takes a lot of time, a few hours to get it perfectly clean. You need wax sticks to scrape it off the floor and surfaces, while it’s warm (you can pour boiled water over it to soften it just be careful not to burn yourself). Then use wax remover for whatever is left. It works best on cotton pads but wax strips also are handy as they don’t stick too much to the surface.

If it’s still there after that, boiling water mopping will get the last of it.

You’ve got this! Moan while you are doing it, it helps to be aggressive haha

Haha omg think i would die if it was that bad lol, I pored acitone over it and scrubbed it off the trolly and got a scrapper and got most of the floor and shelf, it’s just really the stickyness I need to get of now

Great advice. Happened to me many years ago. It will definitely take a long time to clear up but it will clean up

White spirit is the holy grail of wax cleaners Wear a mask when cleaning but it's the best thing ever! Thank me later haha!

Just be careful disposing of white spirit soaked mopping up cloths and cotton wool. These can spontaneously combust! Seriously! You need to keep them flat, not crumpled up, until they have dried out, which doesn't take long.

Latest posts

Back