Help, spray tan issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caz081289

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out here, i did a spray tan at approximately 6:30pm last night and she has text me this morning after her shower and its all come off. I used a 12% Sienna X which has been open since March? Please could someone tell me why this has happened?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Did she follow your prep guidelines?

Has she used anything oiley on the day of her tan or after it? I would ask her to pop over so you can assess and give guidance. X

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out here, i did a spray tan at approximately 6:30pm last night and she has text me this morning after her shower and its all come off. I used a 12% Sienna X which has been open since March? Please could someone tell me why this has happened?

She must have had some sort of barrier on her skin? Did you advise her how to prep for the tanning session?

Have you asked what type of shower gel she used before the tan, moisturising ones can leave a barrier which the tan can't fully penetrate.

Or did she moisturise afterwards before her tanning session, which would also do the same thing?

I haven't been spray tanning that long but would definitely check with her on those points.

She said she followed all the pre-care but who knows! Ive offered to respray her but she hasnt yet come back to me. Have you had this problem before? I sprayed three other people last night and theyve all turned out fine but they had 8s and 10s? Xxxx

Do not offer a free respray until you have seen it. Did you shake the bottle before spraying? It may just be lighter than what she was expecting? I would maybe spray your legs with the same solution and see how it turns out that way you will know if its your solution or something she has done xx

Are you sure it has come off and it's not just the guide colour. I have heard people say this not about my tans lol. I always tell them it's like hair dye when you was it off when the water runs clear you have washed all the guide colour off xx

Are you sure it has come off and it's not just the guide colour. I have heard people say this not about my tans lol. I always tell them it's like hair dye when you was it off when the water runs clear you have washed all the guide colour off xx

I would think this has happened! She's seen the guide colour come off and as other post said its maybe not as dark as shes expected. Does she have lined where the underwear was because if she does then it's obviously worked! If you know it's not your solution tell her and suggest a different percent to see how that works on her skin.

Hi everyone,

Was it her first spray tan?
Is she on any medication?
could she be pregnant?
Like a couple of the girls have said it could be that shes not as dark as expected after seeing the guide washed off,id defo ask her to pop by so you can see for yourself x

The thing with the guide colour when it has developed overnight and you get up in the morning you look in the mirror all you can see is white teeth and the whites of ur eyes. Then you wash off the guide colour if it's a lower percentage it will lighten quite considerably so if it is someone who like a dark tan they would think it had all washed off. Do you warn ur clients about the guide colour xxx

Thanks for all of your replies. No shes mad for spray tans and has them all the time so she's fully competent with pre care and knows that guide colour will wash off. I maybe shouldnt have offered to respray without seeing her but i felt obliged to. Im shook the solution well before applying, i mentioned it wouldnt work if she was pregnant but she never said whether she was or not. I just hope its a one off and when she comes back the same thing doesnt happen again! I will try the solution on myself beforehand to make sure it works! Xx

Latest posts

Back