Help! Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzedBeaut

Reaction score
Hey geeks, so I have just started a couple of month ago spray tanning and bought a hvlp 700 off my friend as she had gave spray tanning up and thought it would get me started building clientele up and then would buy a new one. Well last night I went off to do 2 of my friends tans, done one and had more or less finished the other tan (just hands and feet to do) and my machine cut out!!! I was mortified!! The lights are still on machine and beeps Shen turned on but nothing else, it was hot to touch so thought it had over heated but this morn plugged it in and nothing!! Anyone know what it could be??? All replied much appreciated!

This is our worst nightmare! hope you get it sorted!

How did you do hands & feet?? or did you have to leave them x

I know it is an expensive option but the only way to make sure this doesn't happen is by having a back up machine. I am so paranoid that I have a back up for my back up. LOL. How long did your friend have the machine? Who did she buy it from and how old is it? Hopefully it is something as simple as a fuse that needs replacing if not you are going to have to send it to the supplier for repair. Sorry

I know it is an expensive option but the only way to make sure this doesn't happen is by having a back up machine. I am so paranoid that I have a back up for my back up. LOL. How long did your friend have the machine? Who did she buy it from and how old is it? Hopefully it is something as simple as a fuse that needs replacing if not you are going to have to send it to the supplier for repair. Sorry

hahahahaha I love this tanfastic!!!! back up for your back up!!! lol

hahahahaha I love this tanfastic!!!! back up for your back up!!! lol

Seriously though I am not joking, what makes it sick is that I am Mobile....Imagine the schlepp to the car when gettin ready to leave in the morning.

I own 3 machines and 2 tents ( Just in case)

I had a glove and put tan on manually - tans turned out fine today tho thank god! I was panicking like hell - can't be a fuse cos when I plug it in it beeps and lights come on.

My friend bought it direct from shadez, she had it a couple of year I think. Might contact them and see if they would be able to repair it, altho i think It might be best looking into getting a new machine

Last edited:
I wouldn't say go as far as to purchase a back up machine, but I always keep a few bottles of fake bake spray tan (in a can) just in case my machine were to break, I can still give the client a spray tan with the same solution.. But just from the can. Sorry I couldn't be any help as to what went wrong with your machine, but maybe you could call wherever your friend purchased it from and see if it has a warranty, or if not what they can do!! Hope it gets sorted for you hun!!xx

Have you ever cleaned the air filter? This is the most common problem we come across. People forget that the filter should be cleaned every day. Most machine motors will burn out if the filter is not kept clean.

I have looked for the filter but I can't find it any idea where it is on my model of machine? My partner has even took it apart to try find it as that's what I thought it could be.

Latest posts

Back