Help starting with henna!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floralgrunge

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Dyotics Henna brow kit, and also what’s the cheapest way to start off without splashing out £200 on a henna kit with things included you don’t really need? I pretty much just want a good henna range of colours that work well and are good value, but it seems they are very expensive and a lot have bad reviews ‍♀️

Which one has bad reviews?

I use Mina! Love the colours! My only issue is I’m not very busy YET Iv just got back into working and only two days a week and need to build clientele so the henna sachets only last two weeks so that’s hard.

However if you already an established business, it’s a fab product and great results

I trained with Mina in January 2018, and became a trainer for the brand.

I've since seen a lot of new brands launch, some of which are still not VAT registered so are still getting established. Looking at the posting on social media it seems that the quality of training makes a big difference to product satisfaction. I looked at Dyotics when it first launched - I didn't bother trying the product as I wasn't impressed. It was nicely presented with good marketing though. I can understand the appeal.

Without good training and support it would take a lot of trial and error to learn the quirks of henna which might be ok if you are new in business and building your client base from friends and family, but if you have an established business and you're introducing a new treatment you need to hit the ground running with consistently good results.

Baby brands with just one trainer are getting great reviews and a loyal following. Mina is the same apart from early this year when they got caught out with such an increase in demand they had to recruit about 6 new people and train up more trainers. Customer service wasn't fabulous during this period because everyone was flat out fulfilling orders or doing training. I've nothing but good things to say about Mina - I suspect that they are the largest and best established UK brand but I don't know this for a fact.

A good treatment is worth investing in. The Mina training kit is good value - I earnt back my training and kit costs faster with Mina than with any of the other brand training I've done.

About half my brow business is now henna tinting and I charge extra for henna so it's been well worth it for me and I'm very happy. I've had competitors set up on my doorstep with other brands and it hasn't dented my growth at all - instead people come to me after they've been elsewhere and then they keep coming back. My competitors don't get the colour right, or the product doesn't last any longer than normal tint. I can do better than that.

Latest posts

Back