Help to ban MMA in Nail Industry - UPDATED

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just signed it too.

Ju x

i wondered constantly about the initals NSS on a lot of threads recently and after reading the artical in THE NAIL FILE magazine regarding MMA i'm signing ...just did not like what i read

jane x

VTCT L2 BEAUTY THERAPIST
VTCT L3 HOLISTIC THERAPIST
VTCT IHBC L2 NAIL ARTIST/TECH
STUDEX CERT EAR PIERCING
VTCT L3 DIP HEALTH,SAFETY,SECURITY & EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS

" if you don't use it..you'll lose it "

Another reason for those who have not as yet signed, to sign this petition.

L/P toes nails applied at a local NSS, using tips to extend :eek:......two days later, major infection resulting in the removal of the whole toe nail at the GP surgery, a course of anti-biotics and a week off work!

Sorry about the quality of the pic, mobile phone but I'm sure you get the idea!

BTW the ragged looking free edges are as a result of the lady trying to remove the nails as zero after care advice had been given.

Attachments

• Nail.jpg
    Nail.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
signed ! well done for keeping us informed x

Signed it too, in the last few weeks I have had 2 clients that have had MMA on their nails! Nightmare!

I have signed come on lets make a difference.

Hi just spent the past hour reviewing all the information regarding MMA and the NSS salons. I was aware of all the negative apspects of this area of the nail industry in the UK, but as yet, had been lazy about signing the petition.

Yesterday, while visiting my local shopping area, Wallington, Surrey I was enraged to see that the long standing NSS bar has moved to a bigger shop and is completely kitted out with new equipment, lush pedicure seats, stunning window display etc!

The injustices in certain areas of the beauty industry makes me really angry!:mad:

While ladies, like yourselves struggle to pay for courses, keep up to date with industry requirements, continue to offer high quality services these salons are continuing to make financial gain to the un-educated public.

What you offer as nail technicians is an art form and the sooner the Government realises this and dose something to sort this situation out the better!

me too, well done for spotting this one.

I've just signed. Hopefully this will work.

thanx for the post iv signed to!:)

Is there anything like this going on for the U.S.? The nail industry here is completely unregulated. In fact, in Michigan you are not even required to have any license to do acrylic nail (though you need one to do a basic manicure, how insane is that??)

Ive signed and hope it will happen. Beauty shouldnt be harmful to anyone or thing.
Thanks for making aware of the petition.xx

Well done Caz. Being a 'returner' to this business after many years I am delighted to hear that something is being done to eradicate the use of mma in acrylic liquids - I saw so much damage caued by this product many years ago.

I have signed the petition and would never have found it if you had not pointed it out.
I hope everyone signs it.

Suzy

Is there anything like this going on for the U.S.? The nail industry here is completely unregulated. In fact, in Michigan you are not even required to have any license to do acrylic nail (though you need one to do a basic manicure, how insane is that??)

:grr: yeap really insane. Same thing happens here in greece as far as the licence is concerned and frankly I dont know why!:rolleyes:

keep signing Geeks!! we need to get this stuff off the market!!

Just found this wonderful petition! It would be brilliant if MMA actually gets banned in the UK. Has anybody got any ideas on progress of this? I was the 801st signature, have been trawling the internet for some sort of indication as to where the UK is up to with banning MMA, I know this thread has been untouched for 2 years - sorry if I've re-opened something that's being discussed elsewhere as I'm having trouble with up-to-date posts/threads!!

Kate x

signed and left a comment.

I've just signed. Getting back into the business & can't believe how many so called techs are still using MMAs.

I just signed just an iccle bit late tho...lol! I should have looked at date as I guess it didn't change a thing?!

Latest posts

Back