Help to Rejuvinate Frail over filed nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

st_Catherine

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

I'm sure this Question has been asked a thousand times before and I have looked through the forum but I just wanted to get clarification.

Will damage from overfiling every grow out ??

I have just started the Essential nails Home course and now realise the damage I have been doing to myself by incorrect filing.

I stupidly bought a DIY Kit (In Superdrug I think it was) many a few years ago and of course having no experience I overfiled my thumbs trying to blend the tips, ever since I have had a Considerable groove running across my thumb from Left to Right and dipping down from the crown to my Free Edge.
The Free edge also continuously cracks vertically as soon as it starts to get any decent length.

My sister who is a serial Nail Tip wearer also recently had a rebalance done on her holidays and when she removed her tips she found one side of her Right Index finger has been filed right down leaving her with a very mishapen finger nail and wonky free edge. She did say that particular nail had severe lifting on that side before the rebalance, So No prizes for guessing what went on there.
Her Fingers are also covered in 'Pink' areas from obvious over filing.

So I'm wondering will her fingers and my Thumb ever recover ??

I have started to use Cuticle Oil daily on my nails but I think I'm suffering from Eggshell nails also as they are still V Soft and splitting all the time.

Please Help !!

I Don't want to have skanky nails when I qualify as this will look very bad to Potential Customers.

Aine

st_Catherine said:
I have just started the Essential nails Home course and now realise the damage I have been doing to myself by incorrect filing.

IAine

Sorry Hun I am not the best to answer all of your questions....

...but Iam just a bit curious I could have sworn I remember that you were going to save up and not bother with this particular course, and go with a Classroom environment...may I asked what changed your mind back?

Hey and you wont have manky nails once your qualified because you will be wearing your lovely enhancments to show the world your skills

Hiya Aine,
Well we have all suffered from this, either when learning or having a tech go wild with a file :rolleyes:
The good news is that the nail will grow back to its normal shape if left alone.
I would say use Solar oil day and night on your nails and stay away from the file for a while, So that your nails can recover.

Hi Louise ?

The original course I was talking about was E-Nails, which Has a very bad reputation.

Essential Nails seems to be Highly thought of So I decided to try their home learn course first instead.
The Main reason for not doing CND Course yet is Hubby is the bread winner and when I told him we could pay for Essential nails over 4 months he agreed, so I can prove to him that I'm serious.

Then When I complete the course and pass with flying colours :) He'll pay for the CND Conversion Course !!

st_Catherine said:
Hi Louise ?

The original course I was talking about was E-Nails, which Has a very bad reputation.

Essential Nails seems to be Highly thought of So I decided to try their home learn course first instead.
The Main reason for not doing CND Course yet is Hubby is the bread winner and when I told him we could pay for Essential nails over 4 months he agreed, so I can prove to him that I'm serious.

Then When I complete the course and pass with flying colours :) He'll pay for the CND Conversion Course !!
Good on ya...hope you enjoy learning about nails as much as I do..

Hi Aine, I would use solar oil 3 times a day. This will put the moisture back into the nails making them stronger and more healthy looking.

David

Try a natural nail strengthener. Check out the recent thread on the subject.

its around here somewhere *goes off looking*

Im back... [thread=5820]Here it is[/thread]

Hope this helps

Toughen Up has been fab for me. I'm loving it. I only use it as and when but my natural nails are beautiful right now..is it the sunshine or the Toughen Up?

The question was, "will your fingers and her thumb ever recover"??

Hard to answer. If damage has been done to the marix or the nail bed has been 'burned' then they may never be quite the same again.

My nails are pretty strong, but years ago I was the model for one of my students in a cpmpetition (which she won), but some of my nails have never been as strong because she used to buff the product off before having another 'practice' on me, and over-thinned a couple of my nails and 'burned' them.

So the answer is maybe yes and maybe no depending. ToughenUp is very good in these situations and so is a couple of layers of BOND from the fabric System which helps to create a smooth surface and help the nails to look more normal whilst growing out.

Hiya peeps,
As my nails have been recently damaged I can only say what has worked for me, Use Sally Hansen Marine Extract Growth activator twice a day really giving a good massage into the nail as this stimulates blood flow, I also got some Flexi wrap for when I want to do course( it a bit tricky at first but not too bad) Up your fluid and vitamin intake slightly and avoid the temptation to do anything else to your nails for a few weeks apart from free edge if you careful!!!!!
It sounds a clatt, but its starting to work for me!!!!!
lol

Thanks all,

I have ordered some toughen up and solar oil in the hopes they will start my nails on the road to recovery, and warned my sister off cowboy Nail tech also.

( Little Does she know This Cowgirl intends practicing on her once the Nail Trainer Packs it's bags LOL)

I completed my first couple of blends yesterday on my nail trainer and was astonished how simple is was to blend quickly and efficently.

(Remind me I said this, when In a few months I'm screaming because I
can't blend correctly or worse still am 'chasing a line')

I was pleased with myself for the 'small' achievement, yet mourning the damage to my poor nails all for the sake of not holding my file correctly.

I fully support the fact that People should have a licence to take a Nail file to their nails now !!

Aine x

PS. Debz, I will be checking out that Marine extract growth activator also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back