Help, toe nail advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Ok my husbands big toe nail (tmi warning) he can lift most of it 2/3rds away from nail bed, he bashed it after dropping his ladders on it.. It's oozing but not as much as last week he says ( only just shown me and told me, men eh), anyway HELP.., he won't go docs ive advised germolen cream and and salon spray! Could he use thymol? Or should I demand FP? .... Sorry it's gross, please help :)

My OH is the same... His arm could be hanging on by a thread and he still wouldnt see a doctor! If he wont see a gp then just make sure it is short enough not to catch on socks (ouch!) and keep it as clean and dry as possible. As for what to put on it, maybe tea tree or witch hazel? Never know, the sting off that may convince him the gp is the lesser of 2 evils haha xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Ooh it's that loose we daren't clip it Aaaagh bleugh!

If it is as loose as that I would have thought it will come away anytime soon, that's what happend to mine.
I was in town and a girl stepped backwards and caught my big toe and it ripped back :(
It was bleeding really badly so for the night I left it (drunk) but the next day I went straight to my salon and cut it down best I could (painful) I had to pierce the skin with a needle to release all the blood behind the nail and then I just had to keep cleaning it.
I used an anti fungal solution on it to keep it clear of any infection and I kept cleaning it everyday untill one day it was just gone :(
I did keep teasing it off in the water in the last few stages. Thankfully once it was off a new nail had started to form underneath.
Takes for ever to grow back though, sorry for the essay just I'm on my second new nail now lol I'm
Very clumsy lol x

Eeugh... I've just been tanning a girl earlier and similar happened to her, she drilled through her nail to relieve the pressure, pus and all :-( she saved the nail .... Anyway hubby is using germilene cream and has clipped nail right back, I think he will lose it .... Just wondered if he could use thymol on it or not.... Might sting a bit eh lol

Latest posts

Back