Help! Too much Yellow in my mix!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was trying my first go at making a "natural" mix for the tips, I used 4 parts natural, 1 part soft white and a.. dash.. *ahem* of golden glass yellow...

But the colour is WAY too yellow and adding more natural and soft white.. even a dash of pink is not taking the yellow out, I now had a vat of powder that is too much to waste by chucking it, how can I tone the yellow down pls?

Thanks in advance geekings. xxx

Have you picked a bead up yet,the violet monomer may neutralise the gold tone

Failling that take a look in the tutorials section for cbm,hth x

Quartz will neutralise the yellow but be careful as it can make the mix go dull and brownish looking

God yeah, I was doing my own at home the other evening with that mix and couldn't be bothered to get my daylight lamp out... BIG MISTAKE!

They looked fine on the night, next day in broad daylight? The look of a 40-a-day smoker... Nice!

I have put some "Yello-Out" top coat on them which has toned them down a bit, but they still aren't lloking too great!

Quartz will neutralise the yellow but be careful as it can make the mix go dull and brownish looking

Quartz? Is that a Creative colour? Thanks mate.

yes, the quartz is the purple toned powder-

go look at a color wheel, whatever is on the opposite side of the color you have will be the one that neutralizes it.

:)

yes, the quartz is the purple toned powder-

go look at a color wheel, whatever is on the opposite side of the color you have will be the one that neutralizes it.

:)

Fantastic, thanks for that! I don't have to throw my powder out after all!

ahh thanks Judy- i was going to look that up and got distracted :)

Latest posts

Back