Help, tooth gem glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLaux

Reaction score
we have just ordered in some glue 2 use for tooth gems... smile gem glue, there is bond A and bond B... but no matter how i mix it, apply it, use it, the gems just dont last, one stayed on a maximum of 3 days! but thats no good! there were no instructions with the glue and i would really apprechiate some help if someone knows how 2 use this crazy stuff?! or... if there is another glue i could buy which is really good + long lasting? plz help, the smile gem glue cost £60 so im sure it must be good, if only i new how 2 use it??....xx :o :?: :sad:

This wont be any help to you at all I shouldn't think but I had a tooth gem put on about 5 years ago by my dentist and it wont budge!!! I dont know what they use but if all else fails try and see what they use?!?!

it's still there after five years???

wendyrose said:
it's still there after five years???

Yeah, cant get it to budge. I had it done after I left school at 15 and its still there!! :irked:

wow...i briefly worked as a dental nurse...did he cure it when he applied it? wat colour is it? is it noticable? does it bug ya? lol sorry bout all the q's

wendyrose said:
wow...i briefly worked as a dental nurse...did he cure it when he applied it? wat colour is it? is it noticable? does it bug ya? lol sorry bout all the q's

Thats ok

They cured it with a UV light, it is gold, it is noticable ( ive had a few comments of " you have sweetcorn on your tooth love") and it bugs me like hell!!! Lol :rolleyes:

god i cant get over that...have u spoken to anyone about removing it

wendyrose said:
god i cant get over that...have u spoken to anyone about removing it

No it will probably cost me more, it cost my mam about £70 to have it out on!! :o

i use nail glue on my tooth gems and they las months had my last one on about 6 months no probs whatsoever

is nail glue safe wnough in the mouth?

Helencad said:
No it will probably cost me more, it cost my mam about £70 to have it out on!! :o

it wouldn't take long for it to be removed, so the dentist would only charge for there time, might be worth checking with the dentist who put it on they might take it off for you free of charge. we used to use a flowable composite filling material to put the tooth gem on with, it's that good they can stay on for a long long time! it's like what they put braces on with. if you had it removed though u might have a slight mark from wear the gems been, but it wears off gradually.

XX

nail glue should be safe in the mouth as it doesnt actually touch the mouth only the wiped clean tooth to where its being applied , wait till it has dried before touching it .they las ages

nail glue should no be used in the mouth as it slowly releases cynide(sp) gases which over time can kill you. my friend used to do this everytime one of crowns came out and couldnt be bothered to go see the dentist and they said she was lucky to be still living.

sorry if this has scared anyone but only bonding agents that come with the kits should be used.

katielou

katielou said:
nail glue should no be used in the mouth as it slowly releases cynide(sp) gases which over time can kill you. my friend used to do this everytime one of crowns came out and couldnt be bothered to go see the dentist and they said she was lucky to be still living.

sorry if this has scared anyone but only bonding agents that come with the kits should be used.

katielou
to follow on from this advice aswell surely you cannot be insured if you are using nail glue...your insurance will definately not cover you for that use.
also what if you stuck someones mouth together...it can happen..you will be at fault and you wont have the back up of your insuranse company...there for legal action could be taken against you.
this my be in extreme cases ......but something to think about

i dont do tooth gems on clients or the general public only myself so its down to me at the end of the day

cherryblossom said:
i dont do tooth gems on clients or the general public only myself so its down to me at the end of the day
ok fair doo's xx

we have just ordered in some glue 2 use for tooth gems... smile gem glue, there is bond A and bond B... but no matter how i mix it, apply it, use it, the gems just dont last, one stayed on a maximum of 3 days! but thats no good! there were no instructions with the glue and i would really apprechiate some help if someone knows how 2 use this crazy stuff?! or... if there is another glue i could buy which is really good + long lasting? plz help, the smile gem glue cost £60 so im sure it must be good, if only i new how 2 use it??....xx :o :?: :sad:
hi i get some great gem glue for 1.99 each and mine stay on for months you can order it at scent from heaven
at [email protected] or ring her 07817528861

Nail Glue in your mouth on your teeth??????? Are you all mad???????????:irked:

I'd like to see what your insurance companies say! As for the original post, are you trained in applying tooth gems?

If not, I suggest you look at getting trained with a recognised company and actually be TRAINED in how to apply them :rolleyes:

lol Faye this thread is two years old :D

Latest posts

Back