Help!! Trouble with biosculpture gel....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuttie_Pie

Reaction score
I am being trained in my salon at doing biosculpture gel extensions but when i put them on my self they keep bending at the tip and come away really easily....

I cant ask for help at salon as they are only trained to do overlays.

what should i be doing to add extra strength to my enhancements...?

I am applying a layer of clear gel and then applying the tip to the nail.
Then apply 2 layers of white gel cure each for 2mins
apply sgel over the stress area and cure for 2mins
apply a final layer of sgel over the entire nail cure for 4mins then wipe with sanitiser why are these nails so weak...?

help please..

I am being trained in my salon at doing biosculpture gel extensions but when i put them on my self they keep bending at the tip and come away really easily....

I cant ask for help at salon as they are only trained to do overlays.

what should i be doing to add extra strength to my enhancements...?

I am applying a layer of clear gel and then applying the tip to the nail.
Then apply 2 layers of white gel cure each for 2mins
apply sgel over the stress area and cure for 2mins
apply a final layer of sgel over the entire nail cure for 4mins then wipe with sanitiser why are these nails so weak...?

help please..
Hi,
Im quite new to using Bio Sculpture ,i qualified in it July this year ,the way i was taught to apply tips was:
Apply a layer of clear -cure for 2,
Block buff the edge,apply tip n blend,
Wash hands,
Apply s-gel over the whole nail,and drag the gel over the upper arch ,to make it even-cure for 2,
I then put a french pink colour on -optionl,1 layer,
Then 2 layers of white,and a final layer of s-gel, removing the sticky ness with polish remover,if youve cured it for 4 .
I have read a lot on this sight bout Bio Sculpture not being strong enuff for tips,maybe thats why your salon doesnt do it,maybe try adding a couple of layers of silk in on top of your tips that may add extra strengh,but i am too only doing overlays at the moment with Bio .

I dont use bio but i would say you need to apply S gel all ovet the nail and build at the apex / stress area.

I use ibd and what i do is applY A THIN 'WETTING' LAYER OVER THE ENTIRE NAIL, THIS ALLOWS THE NEXT STAGE TO SELF LEVEL EASILY. i THEN APPLY A BALL OF GEL TO THE APEX (oh sorry, caps lock!!), and gently tease it outwards, towards the tip and towards the cuticle. but DONT be too heavy handed.

If you find its a bit warm and the gel levels quickly and too much flip the hand over, keep an eye on how the hand is placed, as the gel will go with gravity and re-build the apex.

Maybe a course with Bio Sculpture would help, being as no-one in the salon you work at can do tip/overlay either. I have heard some geek on here say that bio over tips doesn't work to well and that bio is better used for NNO's. x

I used to use Bio over tips but like you had problems with them. I then went on the sculpting workshop and now sculpt all the time. Sculptures especially using silk are very strong.

Thankyou all for your help im not keen on them as tip and overlays but i do like the nno. will keep trying and see where i get... I much prefer L&P....

what gel do people find best for tip and overlays with? Does anyone get problems with brisa gel?

what gel do people find best for tip and overlays with? Does anyone get problems with brisa gel?

Tbh, all gels work differently and without the training you can run into problems with any gel...... I've done Brisa training and it is strong over tips but it's not to easy to master. You need the Brisa lamp to use the gel and for the cost of the lamp and the kit you get the 1 day conversion course free......

Maybe a course with Bio Sculpture would help, being as no-one in the salon you work at can do tip/overlay either. I have heard some geek on here say that bio over tips doesn't work to well and that bio is better used for NNO's. x

Spot on Angie - but Bio does work well if sculpted especially with silk.

Latest posts

Back