Help! Under eye gel pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm at a loss, really don't know what to use to hold down bottom lashes when doing the LVL Lash lift. The ones that came with the initial kit from Nouveau slip upwards towards the eye when the client closes their eyes. I tried some from Sally's and they do the same! So I ordered some micropore tape from Nouveau, the plastic-type one that they actually recommend to use to stick lashes down and OH MY GOD I tried it on my sister and it was surprised it didn't pull her lashes out. It was so painful to pull it off I felt so bad. Went to boots and bought the softer micropore tape and tried it last night on a customer and the same thing happened.
I stick the tape on the back of my hand first to take away a little bit of the sticky-ness but that doesn't help.
Please can someone tell me where I'm going wrong or recommend a good gel pad or tape please? I've got another set to do on Saturday and I am worrying so much about it.
Thanks

You need to cut quiet a lot if the pad off.

I tend to shorten it width wise then cut more of a well in it so it is a similar shape to the bottom of an eye.

I normally wiggle them down a little once the customers eyes are closed.

Hope this helps cx

I don't do lvl bit can you use the papery sort of tape. I can't remember what it's called but I use it when doing extensions x

You need to cut quiet a lot if the pad off.

I tend to shorten it width wise then cut more of a well in it so it is a similar shape to the bottom of an eye.

I normally wiggle them down a little once the customers eyes are closed.

Hope this helps cx

Thanks, I understand cutting it shorted width wise but with regards to cutting it in a shape similar to the bottom of an eye, do you mean the bit that touched the lashes or the bit at the bottom? In confused as they are already shaped like the bottom of an eye? Do you almost cut them in half horizontally aswell?

I'm literally dreading tomorrow, I won't sleep tonight!

Thank you.

I don't do lvl bit can you use the papery sort of tape. I can't remember what it's called but I use it when doing extensions x

Do you not find that hurts clients?! I've tried three types of micropore including the papery one and it's not very comfortable to remove. Unless you are using something different to what I'm thinking :)

Think the gel pads are so badly designed. 😣

STILL can't get the hang of these!!! As soon as the clients shut their eyes the pads lift up. Massively annoying. I end up taking them off completely and then doing the treatment without them which can be quite fiddly! Don't necessarily need any more advice just wanted to vent my frustration that they STILL don't work for me!!! 😣😣😣

I was taught to cut little slits into the bottom of the pad so it can splay out a little over the top of their cheek bone and also get them to close their eyes to see where the pad is sitting then reposition it if needed.

I was also taught to cut three skits in the bottom of the pads.

I think is the microporous tape you mean, I use that when doing lash extensions and it doesn't seem to bad when pulling off.

Get the client to close their eye slowly to stop the gel pads popping up xxx

Start with the pads high so place on the water line

If need be hold onto the pads when they close their eyes
Once eyes are closed then shift the pads down off the water line

Bingo

I used micropore tape also because the gel pads slip and several clients found them uncomfortable or reacted to it. I recently discovered microfoam tape and find it more comfortable. You need to get the broad one and cut it in half lengthwise in a curved shape to fit under the eye. It is easy to remove and client's prefer it. This is an example but you can google it to find the best price. I bought it at a beauty school.

Microfoam Surgical Tape

Hi all,

I'm at a loss, really don't know what to use to hold down bottom lashes when doing the LVL Lash lift. The ones that came with the initial kit from Nouveau slip upwards towards the eye when the client closes their eyes. I tried some from Sally's and they do the same! So I ordered some micropore tape from Nouveau, the plastic-type one that they actually recommend to use to stick lashes down and OH MY GOD I tried it on my sister and it was surprised it didn't pull her lashes out. It was so painful to pull it off I felt so bad. Went to boots and bought the softer micropore tape and tried it last night on a customer and the same thing happened.
I stick the tape on the back of my hand first to take away a little bit of the sticky-ness but that doesn't help.
Please can someone tell me where I'm going wrong or recommend a good gel pad or tape please? I've got another set to do on Saturday and I am worrying so much about it.
Thanks

Maybe get a couple of samples of other brands of under eye pads? I prefer a very thin sticky-backed pad x

I use very thin silk under eye patches, as I had the same problem with the gel patches,
Xxc

Sent from sugarfarie nails, under the stairs xxx

We really like the ones from AH Francis.

Vic vx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use the AH Francis ones too x

Thanks so much for your help everyone. I do already cut 3 slits at the bottom of the pads and as said above I refuse to use the micropore tape (tried 3 different types and it has always really hurt my clients when removing it, even though I was really careful!). I shall first try holding the pad as they close their eyes, and ask them to do so slowly. Will also look into the AH Francis (think that's what they were called?!!) and the more papery pads and see if they are any different. The gel is just way too slippery for me!

I use very thin silk under eye patches, as I had the same problem with the gel patches,
Xxc

Can you tell me what brand your under eye patches are please? :) x

Thanks so much for your help everyone. I do already cut 3 slits at the bottom of the pads and as said above I refuse to use the micropore tape (tried 3 different types and it has always really hurt my clients when removing it, even though I was really careful!). I shall first try holding the pad as they close their eyes, and ask them to do so slowly. Will also look into the AH Francis (think that's what they were called?!!) and the more papery pads and see if they are any different. The gel is just way too slippery for me!

Are you holding the skin really taut as you peel the tape off and doing it really slowly?

Can you tell me what brand your under eye patches are please? :) x

I got them off ebay, I searched for Silk under eye pads xxx

Latest posts

Back