Help! Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
So my client has rang me and the tan came out streaky on her. What should I tell her? She also had 2 showers after the rinse and used shower gel.

Last edited:
Hey. some body washes and shampoos actually strip tan so if its ran down her body while rinsing tan this will of caused the streaking. All she can really do at this point is to lightly exfoliate the tan to try and blend the streaks xx

I told her to leave it on for 4 hours and she left it on 8 hours. 11% for 8 hours goes darker than 15%.
I have been using it on myself for 6 months and its never happened to me. She has exfoliated it all off now but I can't understand why clients can't listen. I bet she used a shower gel when she rinsed and just won't tell me!

Last edited:
I told her to leave it on for 4 hours and she left it on 8 hours. 11% for 8 hours goes darker than 15% and she said it wasn't dark enough?
I have been using it on myself for 6 months and its never happened to me. She has exfoliated it all off now but I can't understand why clients can't listen. I bet she used a shower gel when she rinsed and just won't tell me!
They just wont be told will they. If the tan looked fine when you finished it, then it must be something shes done (or hasnt) with the pre and post care. I have a client thats never happy with colour, always wants to be darker. I currently use a 20% on her and she still wants darker o_O xx

What is she requesting.....does she want a re-do...?
if so, I would probably just do it.
Make sure she is CLEAR on preparation and after care....
Not sure of the relevance of the vein removal - I'm assuming they had healed.

They just wont be told will they. If the tan looked fine when you finished it, then it must be something shes done (or hasnt) with the pre and post care. I have a client thats never happy with colour, always wants to be darker. I currently use a 20% on her and she still wants darker o_O xx

What is she requesting.....does she want a re-do...?
if so, I would probably just do it.
Make sure she is CLEAR on preparation and after care....
Not sure of the relevance of the vein removal - I'm assuming they had healed.

OMG your client clearly wants to be a different race... It honestly looked like she had used shower gel which i bet she did cause she rinsed off the bronzer went to the gym and had another shower... Obviously she would have used shower gel to wash... It's so funny cause the first time I used Whitetobrown 10% on her and she said it was so dark and loved it, this time I used MT 11% and its too light?... kinda gobsmacked LOL my legs are really bad when it comes to tanning I have to spray them twice as the first time doesn't take... She wants me to use Whitetobrown on her next time...
@RED STAR thanks for commenting I forgot to tag you LOL

Last edited:
My lower legs never seem to take the tan like the rest of my body!!!....but I am spraying myself LOL.....:p
I always do 2 coats, but will probably try 3 on my legs next time.

I find the Moroccan tan lighter than St Tropez., especially the dark & dusk!!!!:confused:
Bronze & cocco are quite nice....
I guess we all 'develope' different.:confused:

My legs dont take very well either. I have to spray them, rinse the next day, and then spray them again. I actually hate legs lol xx

I actually find MT darker than Whitetobrown and St.Tropez. Yes we all do develop differently... I spray my legs then rinse after 4 hours and spray again... I have been looking into Ph balancing spray, have you guys used it?

My lower legs never seem to take the tan like the rest of my body!!!....but I am spraying myself LOL.....:p
I always do 2 coats, but will probably try 3 on my legs next time.

I find the Moroccan tan lighter than St Tropez., especially the dark & dusk!!!!:confused:
Bronze & cocco are quite nice....
I guess we all 'develope' different.:confused:
You should try spray once and let develop, rinse and spray again!

I actually find MT darker than Whitetobrown and St.Tropez. Yes we all do develop differently... I spray my legs then rinse after 4 hours and spray again... I have been looking into Ph balancing spray, have you guys used it?
Yeah i have a bottle of sienna x ph spray. I dont think it makes a difference. I've tanned my self with and without it and the tan looked the same and lasted the same. So i dont bother with it. The only time i use it is if a client comes with deodorant on xx

Yeah I didn't think it actually mattered... I'm going to see what my client has to say next time she comes in I guess I will probably have to keep spraying her in whitetobrown...

Ash, if she wants you to tan her again then she's a repeat customer. I'd offer her a free tan but if she moans again I'd get rid of her. The last thing you want is negative feedback [emoji173]️

Ash, if she wants you to tan her again then she's a repeat customer. I'd offer her a free tan but if she moans again I'd get rid of her. The last thing you want is negative feedback [emoji173]️

That's what my mam said... I will keep her happy lol but I will always use MT on those who loves it. Maybe if she sees it on me she will want it again? I hope! What do you do in a situation where a client doesn't listen and leaves the tan on for too long and you know its gonna go ultra dark?

Last edited:
That's what my man said... I will keep her happy lol but I will always use MT on those who loves it. Maybe if she sees it on me she will want it again? I hope! What do you do in a situation where a client doesn't listen and leaves the tan on for too long and you know its gonna go ultra dark?
I always have an 8 hour tan available. Most of my clients get tans on a night so cant possibly wash them off in 4-5 hours cos they would be in bed. I only use a rapid tan if its during the day so they can stick to times or if they are leaving on overnight to be really dark xx

Yeah I suppose I'm gonna have to have a 8 hours solution... Or 2 hours could work...

I'm starting to feel like spray tanning is high maintenance for clients as they have to use certain shower gels and shampoos and moisturisers. I love tanning and will always do it but sometimes it's hard to promote something high maintenance like that especially with a fade of...

Last edited:
I use 12% and fast so clients can choose. That's her fault if she left it on too long , how annoying. [emoji35][emoji35]but having said that , a free tan ( only one) should stop the moaning. If she has another tan and still moans I'd say " tanning isn't for you", and get rid of her.

I use 12% and fast so clients can choose. That's her fault if she left it on too long , how annoying. [emoji35][emoji35]but having said that , a free tan ( only one) should stop the moaning. If she has another tan and still moans I'd say " tanning isn't for you", and get rid of her.

Lol I know, its unfortunate that if clients don't do what we tell them to it makes us look bad... I was suprised when she said she didn't like it as I've been using it for months and everyone is so happy with it. You just can't please everyone. :cool::cool:

Do you guys ever feel like some clients don't see the difference in how dark their tan is of its a rapid tan? I have a few clients that feel like they aren't dark enough even if they leave it on for hours to be the darkest. @Spray tan jane @RED STAR @donnamich

Latest posts

Back