help upset about letter from client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdva

Reaction score
hi all

right i did this ladys nails a few weeks ago and when she came back for her infill she said all her nails fell off !

so i did her a new set of fabric that day (not free of cause) and she booked up for her infills for two weeks time when her next appointment came i realized i had booked it for my day off so i lefted it and went into work just for that appointment and she never turned up or even rang me so i rang her to remind her that she had an appointment and forgotten it and did she wont to book another one she said no so i told her that i had a £5 cancellation fee cause no notice was given she said ok so i sent her a letter saying that her infills are due and if she know longer wants them on then to come back to me and have them professionally removed

anyway got into work yesterday and had this letter from her it reads like this
after the second set of nails all fell off with in a week ,i dont need them professionally removed and frankly i dont know how you can call yourself this as your work isnt up to standard .and as you didnt inform me of a cancellation fee previously i dont feel obliged to pay one.

after reading this i feel like given up and stop doing nails but then if they all fell off why didnt she come back and tell me or even say anything when i rang her. i am sure i did the prep right on the nail what else could i have done?

am i totally useless i feel really down about this and wanted to let you all no to see what you think

thanks for listening vic
cornwall

Don't get yourself down, she was probably one of these people that thought if she complained that they all feel off that she would get the next set free and as you did allow this, she probably felt obliged to book for a rebalance and had no intension of coming back.

Think positive and if you think they might have come off or want to check to set your mind at rest, do what i do, use myself as a model then i can see exactly what happends to the enhancement day by day.

Good luck
lisa

Poor you. What a horrible letter to receive. I agree with Lisa, this customer was probably expecting a free set last time.

Do you have other client's whose nails "just fall off"? I doubt it.

I'm sure you did her second set extremely carefully following the first experience.

If you know you did everything right, and you have lots of other satisfied customers - don't let this knock your confidence - try to learn from it.

I've had people phone to cancel infill appointments because they say their nails have lifted so much. Funny that, I never see lifting on the ones who turn up for their infills ;) Some people are just plain awkward and maybe find it easier to criticize our work than admit that they can't afford the maintenance or are purposely damaging their enhancements for whatever reason.

Onwards and upwards :)

hi

thanks all for your kind words but this is not the only one who has just lifted off i have had some one today come in and say the same thing what am i doing wrong?

vicky

Post a reply of exactly what you are doing step by step and i'm sure someone will help you if you are missing out something!

Try not to feel down, but i no what it is like i was having major lift problems but from the help of a few people on this site i dont get any lift anymore.

Take care
lisa

hi

i have also posted a step by step giude in what i am doing on the post as "nails fell off" as this has happened today as well i really need some help

vicky

Vicky - why don't you call the Technical Support Line and have them help you :idea: To be devils advocate here - you should ALWAYS tell clients that you have a cancellation policy and £5.00 is way too low!! If someone doesn't turn up you need a contingency plan to reap back lost revenue and you need to stand by that for every client. Look at this as a learning curve; we will sort you out with any problems you may have!! Diane is great with technical advice for Fabric but I will also say what has been said 1000 times on this site - if you have 20 clients with no problems and suddenly 2 newbies decide that they are all 'falling off' :rolleyes: I would maybe look at your clients too for the problems!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back