Help Using Sweet Professional, The First Shampoo?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJonesMobile

Reaction score
Hiya!

I have a client who would like to try the Sweet Professional 'First Shampoo' as a straightening treatment, have seen mixed reviews but what i am most concerned about is this with colour?!

She would like half head of highlights and we usually tone after, i have seen mixed reviews about this stripping colour and have seen that its recommended to colour hair after, just want to check its not going to cause any problems highlighting after if so has anyone had any troubles with lifting?

Any feedback greatly appreciated! Have read instructions however 'FAQs' of this stuff is hard to come by!

Please help geeks :)

Hiya!

I have a client who would like to try the Sweet Professional 'First Shampoo' as a straightening treatment, have seen mixed reviews but what i am most concerned about is this with colour?!

She would like half head of highlights and we usually tone after, i have seen mixed reviews about this stripping colour and have seen that its recommended to colour hair after, just want to check its not going to cause any problems highlighting after if so has anyone had any troubles with lifting?

Any feedback greatly appreciated! Have read instructions however 'FAQs' of this stuff is hard to come by!

Please help geeks :)
Hi, glad to find someone else who uses this!
I have had some amazing results with this!
I would colour the hair after not before, what I experienced is a little bit of colour coming out when I did my client who usually has a 7.003 all over.
Nothing dramatic.
It's literally what you could expect from Any other smoothing / straightening treatment or perm.
I would go as far as to say I get more colour fade on my perms than I do first shampoo.
Make sure you do use a deep cleansing / clarifying shampoo before - it's makes all the difference.
My client had hers done back in July and is only now finding she needs to have it done again.
Nice shine, no greasy weighed down feeling to the hair afterwards either 🙂

Ah fab thank so much!! It's so hard to find any kind of in depth information about this stuff online?! Have emailed the company however no response!

A few more questions if you don't mind Ron 😂

- Is it true what they say that salt water, sulphates etc don't effect it? - the only reason I'm thinking of using this on her is she is one of those clients who uses any old shampoo and wants the cheapest alternative (I know a lot of others you have to use brand dedicated shampoos etc)

- Does a little go a long way? I know it says 1 sachet per shoulder length hair but does that stretch further or am I better off getting too much than not enough?

- Also would I condition after the treatment or wait until after i have coloured and toned to condition?
Panicking that it will interfere with the lift of the bleach or the toner taking - I'm also doing a full head and cut for her daughter that day too so will be a lot of money for her to spend don't want her to end up disappointed!

Sorry for the bombardment but your the only other person i can seem to find who has used it and has any sort of feedback!

Any other tips I should know before doing? :) Will definitely get some before and after pics, her hair is mostly wavy with lost of curls round the hairline so hopefully this is a good solution for her!

I use the Affinage deep cleansing shampoo or alternatively the IQ clarifying shampoo , do x2 and leave the last one on for a couple of minutes. It's all in the pH apparently.

My client has shoulder length hair but it's not the thickest. Half a sachet was more than enough - the lather is insane! So unless your client has super super thick hair or really long hair then I'd say you're safe with 1 sachet.

My client uses professional product at home so it's difficult for me to say if her products will or won't cause a barrier - that why it's so important to leave the cleansing shampoo on to help remove any gunk from the hair.

Personally I wouldn't colour the hair on the same day. Because we're altering the pH levels of the hair and scalp, I don't think it would be a good idea to.
I always recommend that my client doesn't wash her hair for at least 48 hours afterwards. I do this to safeguard myself.

My client usually books in either at the end of the same week to have her colour touched up or the following week.
It literally does only take about 90 minutes.
It's easy to blowdry - no tough sticky feel to the hair like keratin blowdries.
I used the straighteners on 200 degrees and passed through each section at least 5 times. Maximum of 7 where I felt the hair was stronger and could take it.

It says it lasts 90 days, but my client got almost 6 months out of hers.

I'm Not sure what else to say really, other than use as much product as you can get on the hair, without it running off. Leave the full 20 mins.
Rinse, no conditioner. Towel dry, blowdry straight - no product and then straighten minimum of 5 times - in small ish sections so you can get close to the root.

Ah ok yes that's what I'm worried about although it does say I've seen now that it can be coloured straight after I'm still worried lol!
I'm quite surprised about not using conditioner though! I did wonder if it would leave any sort of feeling on the hair like others, will be sure to let you know how I get on! Do you have a page or Instagram for your work Ron? Would love to see! :)

Ah ok yes that's what I'm worried about although it does say I've seen now that it can be coloured straight after I'm still worried lol!
I'm quite surprised about not using conditioner though! I did wonder if it would leave any sort of feeling on the hair like others, will be sure to let you know how I get on! Do you have a page or Instagram for your work Ron? Would love to see! :)
I don't unfortunately, but it is something that I'm working on!

Definitely post on here when you have I'm sure lots of people would be keen to see! :D Wish me luck for the weekend! haha

So we used it and I've got to say I was pretty impressed! It wasn't completely poker straight and sleek the next time she washed it but there wash no curls and it was definitely considerably straighter than before with less frizz!
I think i would probably offer this as an 'express/budget treatment' for those who want to branch out but not spend as much money as the traditional ones.. however think I definitely rate cocochoco for the finish moreso but this for the time and ease! Excited to see how it fairs over the next few months!

So we used it and I've got to say I was pretty impressed! It wasn't completely poker straight and sleek the next time she washed it but there wash no curls and it was definitely considerably straighter than before with less frizz!
I think i would probably offer this as an 'express/budget treatment' for those who want to branch out but not spend as much money as the traditional ones.. however think I definitely rate cocochoco for the finish moreso but this for the time and ease! Excited to see how it fairs over the next few months!
Hiya, did you colour straight away after?

Latest posts

Back