HELP WAX ON CARPET !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I’ve had an actually disaster, long story short I’ve spilt salons system water soluble wax on a clients carpet.
I’ve scraped as much off and I’ve been back with boiling soapy water to remove it ( as per salon systems advice ) and it’s worst ?
The client is being so kind about it saying it’s a very old carpet and not to worry hut obviously I’m mortified. I only use this wax for her as this is my worst fear with this type of wax.

Any advice why to do??

Anyone tried the iron and grease paper trick??

Any help appreciated …. I don’t need any criticism as usually I have a wax sheet down, I don’t usually even use this wax …. This was just an genuine accident as the pot cracked and split ) I think the extreme in temps as it’s been freezing here and I’m mobile )

Thank you xx

Attachments

• 3BB6D3F6-A0BA-4019-A7FB-7DD36535A61D.jpeg
    3BB6D3F6-A0BA-4019-A7FB-7DD36535A61D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Soluble means dissolves in water so it will wash off with warm soapy water. Now it's solidified, scrub it with with a nail brush or toothbrush to break up the wax and vacuum up the bits, then scrub with warm soapy water and blot dry with a towel. Part of the problem is the carpets is old and a bit mucky so you're cleaning a patch which is makin6the surrounding areas look worse.

Soluble means dissolves in water so it will wash off with warm soapy water. Now it's solidified, scrub it with with a nail brush or toothbrush to break up the wax and vacuum up the bits, then scrub with warm soapy water and blot dry with a towel. Part of the problem is the carpets is old and a bit mucky so you're cleaning a patch which is makin6the surrounding areas look worse.
Thank you I’ll try again with the warm
Soapy water tomorrow, I think I need to make sure I keep
Changing the rag im
Using as not to spread it around.

Thanks x

Perhaps next you should try an oil based wax remover if water isn't moving it?
Clean + easy wax remover is very good on my carpet when I have tiny amounts to remove. I rub the oil in very thoroughly using the rough side of a green kitchen scrubbing sponge (this emulsifies the wax), then I use a Vax cleaner to lift the oil away (warm soapy water would do this too) and allow to dry.

https://www.ellisons.co.uk/clean-easy-clean-up-475ml.html?c=8

I did this to my very good carpet. I used an iron over a wet cloth. Make sure the cloth stays wet.

So I’ve had an actually disaster, long story short I’ve spilt salons system water soluble wax on a clients carpet.
I’ve scraped as much off and I’ve been back with boiling soapy water to remove it ( as per salon systems advice ) and it’s worst ?
The client is being so kind about it saying it’s a very old carpet and not to worry hut obviously I’m mortified. I only use this wax for her as this is my worst fear with this type of wax.

Any advice why to do??

Anyone tried the iron and grease paper trick??

Any help appreciated …. I don’t need any criticism as usually I have a wax sheet down, I don’t usually even use this wax …. This was just an genuine accident as the pot cracked and split ) I think the extreme in temps as it’s been freezing here and I’m mobile )

Thank you xx
I actually used to wax on carpeted floors, if you have a steam mop you will be amazed how easily it gets it up. As youve already attacked it with soapy water I dont know how it will
Go as it would have spread it out…but its worth a try. Spritz with wax dissolver first as it helps then steam mop after. It used to work for big globs and i used to whizz it round after each client, really was not trouble at all and im pretty messy.

Something you need to do is contact the company who sold you the wax and insist they pay for damages because although you have insurance their faulty packaging caused the incident. Wax tubs should be able to handle extreme temp changes or they are not fit for purpose.

Then Id probably buy the client a little rug to cover it or cut the carpet and replace the section using matching carpet and carpet glue. I accidentally spilled a whole candle at mine recently and used eco baking paper instead of greaseproof paper with an iron so it burned the paper to the carpet 😂

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your accident! Here are some suggestions on how to handle the situation:
  1. Try using a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to remove the wax. Apply the mixture to the affected area, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub the area with a brush or cloth.
  2. Another option is to use a carpet cleaning solution specifically designed for removing wax. These can be found at most home improvement stores.
  3. The iron and grease paper trick can also be effective. Place a sheet of grease paper over the wax, and then use a warm iron to melt the wax. The paper should absorb the melted wax.
  4. If all else fails, you may need to consider hiring a professional carpet cleaning service to remove the wax.
Remember to apologize to your client and offer to pay for any damages or cleaning expenses. Accidents happen, but it's important to take responsibility and make things right.

Latest posts

Back