Help! Wax on client's top!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilly_doo

Reaction score
Moved this thread as I posted in skin

Hi ladies! At my wits end with this any advice would be really appreciated..

I did a bikini wax for a client on Saturday and just as she was getting dressed she noticed a dribble of wax on her top. I apologised and wiped it a little to take the stickiness away and assured her I get wax on my clothes all the time and that it always comes out in the wash.

Now yesterday she calls up and complains that it's not come out and now she's down £15 cause her top is ruined. I call her and leave a message and she texts me back in the evening saying she's upset etc so I just replied apologising again and told her again that I should come out in the wash. She's replied to me again and this has gone backwards and forwards and she's basically asked me to wash it for her...

Not really sure what to say or do as I have no idea what she's doing any differently.

I wouldn't inclined to wash it, what if you do actually ruin it? X

Moved this thread as I posted in skin

Hi ladies! At my wits end with this any advice would be really appreciated..

I did a bikini wax for a client on Saturday and just as she was getting dressed she noticed a dribble of wax on her top. I apologised and wiped it a little to take the stickiness away and assured her I get wax on my clothes all the time and that it always comes out in the wash.

Now yesterday she calls up and complains that it's not come out and now she's down £15 cause her top is ruined. I call her and leave a message and she texts me back in the evening saying she's upset etc so I just replied apologising again and told her again that I should come out in the wash. She's replied to me again and this has gone backwards and forwards and she's basically asked me to wash it for her...

Not really sure what to say or do as I have no idea what she's doing any differently.

Does wax REALLY come out in the wash!.....it might if water soluble, but I've not been successful in removing it from fabric.....
You could take it to a dry cleaners and see what they say.

I've got wax on my dress and its never come out. I tried ironing it off with absorbent paper and washing. I'd offer to pay for a new top for£15 it's not worth arguing over.

I often get wax on towels/throws. I usually put some wax remover on, leave overnight and put through a wash and they come out perfect :)

Yes honestly I've had wax on TONS of my clothes the exact same wax and its always come out!

I don't see what she's doing any differently

if its strip wax, mine always comes out in the wash.

she could always apply an oil (any oil) over the area , then take the oil off with a little washing up liquid but i'm surprised if it's only a dribble of wax that it hasn't washed out with a normal wash in the washing machine.

Is she a chancer?

I've got wax on my clothes and it's always come off after washing. I think I'd be inclined to pay her £15 for the top as it's a small value as it sounds like she's not going to let it go.

I've got wax on my dress and its never come out. I tried ironing it off with absorbent paper and washing. I'd offer to pay for a new top for£15 it's not worth arguing over.

If it was for a full leg and bikini and she was a regular client then II would with no question but I've never seen her before and the wax didn't cost her £15 and she's not prepared to try and wash it again. I said to try and spray a little hairspray on the area as this can get staining out and her response is that she doesn't possess any (her own words)

she could always apply an oil (any oil) over the area , then take the oil off with a little washing up liquid but i'm surprised if it's only a dribble of wax that it hasn't washed out with a normal wash in the washing machine.

Is she a chancer?

Is she a chancer?

I think she is a chancer tbh. She struck me as a little odd when she came in.

she sounds it, i'm normally COVERD in strip wax going home in the evening , i don't even know how i manage it haha, but it always comes out in the wash no problem

hot wax is bugger to get off, but strip wax always washes out really easily

The fact is I don't know what she's done when she's gotten home. She said she's had vanish on it when I told her just to put it in the wash. I'm at my wits end

Why are you reluctant to give her the money for a new top?
If you got wax on it and it hasn't washed out you should give her the money.
If you think she is a 'Chancer' ask her for the top and the receipt and you will then give her the money.
I am unsure why you think she is a Chancer though. You dropped wax on her.
It was your mistake and you should put it right.
Customer service is everything in business.

If you think she is a 'Chancer' ask her for the top and the receipt and you will then give her the money.

I think she's trying it on because she's not following my advice and is saying that the 'stain' is blue. My wax isn't blue haha so I have no idea what she's talking about. I've asked her to come in on Tuesday so we'll see what she says then. If shed followed what I told her in the first place the wax would have come out.

I hope you don't mind me saying ..........S**t happens!
I'd offer to get the top professionally cleaned, and if there is still a mark, give the client her £15.00.
No point losing sleep, and being at 'your wit's end' over £15.00, chancer or not.:(

I would have just given her the £15 straight away or offered her £15 of treatments. Then you could have possibly got a new customer, but now I doubt she will ever come back. You admitted you got the wax on the top so you know she isn't lying, wax doesn't come out very well imo x

I probably would have just offered to take it and wash it, just tell her you have a wax remover that might take it out or something like that, if it doesnt come out when you wash it offer her the money for the top. If its just a plain top or tshirt you could buy her another similar but if its something you wont find another one of then you'll have to just give her the money.
I've dribbled wax on a clients top before but they were really laid back about it and said ah I dont care, it'll come out, if it doesnt, So what its just a top. Thankfully it wasnt a highly strung client. Unfortunately for you, you got one of the highly strung ones.

I think she's trying it on because she's not following my advice and is saying that the 'stain' is blue. My wax isn't blue haha so I have no idea what she's talking about. I've asked her to come in on Tuesday so we'll see what she says then. If shed followed what I told her in the first place the wax would have come out.

Hey Dilly-Doo,
Thank you for your response.
If you would accept another business using the same approach to you, with a problem they had caused, then all is well for you.
It's really a personal decision based on how you would like to be treated in the same situation.
xx

She could have told you it was a designer top and she's out £50!! I'd just pay the £15, it's really not worth you getting to your 'wits end' out of stubbornness.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd say this was a no-brainer.... You got wax on her top (it happens), she says it won't come out in the wash. Even if she is making it up, for the sake of your business and reputation I'd have offered to get it dry cleaned for her & then offered the money. If not just offering her the money straight off. That way she's got nothing to bad-mouth you about and is actually more likely to tell people how nice & reasonable you've been about the whole thing. I definitely wouldn't risk putting a clients back up for the sake of £15. Hacked off clients can do serious damage to your reputation. Plus it's obviously stressing you out. I hope you manage to resolve it.

I would also just pay for the top, sacrificing £15 for the reputation of your business is money well spent in my opinion. I wouldnt even offer to dry clean first as it will cost you more in the long run.

Latest posts

Back