Help!! Wax on clothes!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpq

Reaction score
Oh noooo help help help!
I took the lid of my wax pot and chucked it aiming for the bin but missed and it landed on top of a pile of washing including my favourite jumper and Cardigan!!!
How on earth do I get it off :-( they did not teach me that haha!! It's kind of saturated the cardigan too, ohhh so sad!!

Well I drop a whole wax pot on my carpet and I just saturated it with wax pot cleaner cover with a cloth and put books on top of it and miraculously it seems to disappear. Not sure if it works the same but I also got candle wax on my Cardigan and I put a piece if kitchen towel over it and ironed over it and that lifted it out.

I use my wax cleaner if i get wax on my clothes. put plenty on and let it soak in, not tried it on wool before though! Good luck hope it comes off.
Nicola

I soak it in surgical spirits and sick it in the wash straight away always seems to come out.

Another trick is to lay a piece of cloth over the 'waxed' area (cloth you'll throw out after) and 'iron it', to melt the wax so that it'll stick to the other cloth. Keep repeating until all the wax is ironed off.

Don't turn iron too high, just enough to melt the wax

hth's

I've soaked the area in baby oil, given a little rub and put in the wash as normal. All my clothes have come out fine.

Good luck x

I managed to tip a whole pot of wax over my work uniform. I thought i would have to just chuck it away but a client suggested i put the uniform in the freezer for a few hours then to put brown paper over the wax and iron over. Sounds very hard to believe but it worked and im still wearing the same uniform.

Ive had wax on my uniform a couple of times and I always place paper over the area and iron over it, works everytime :)

I was going to soak it in wax cleaner but worried it would wreck the material, will do that though and if it fails I'll do the iron trick. Knew I could count on the geeks for an answer :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back