Help! where do most advertise their business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityhope

Reaction score
I am having so much trouble advertising my Kids nail art parties. Sports centres are refusing to put be posters up. I guess it competition for their parties. Doctor surgerys wont do it. Church halls take them down if I sneak in. So far the only success I have had is 2 tanning shops, Sainsburys free board, however this cleared every week. Also newsagents, but you pay weekly for that.

Why am I not having any luck. I thought I would beable to put them all over. Any ideas girls?

local rag..
poster in car..
mother and tots groups..
schools..
swimming baths..
xx

Places where kids go mmm,swimming baths,mum's and tots (they might have older kids ),local fair's,i would be tempted to try all these and any more you can think of.

How about the local rag ?

Hairdressers,is there a local womens institue?

Hth x

OOPS WAY TOO SLOW FOR ANGIE,sorry for shouting lol x

Yep, tried most of these.
Swimming/leisure - say no. Its competition for their parties
local rag does not get delivered near me. Dont know why!
Mum and tots run in church halls near me. They say no, it has to be to do with the church - if i sneak them on board they take em down!

Can you see what I'm up against!

Not as easy as you may think..... However, i have just been to all newsagent in area and put them in there for a few weeks.

Yes I've thought of schools and fayres, Just cant do til September and Xmas.

Anymore?

I remember when my girls were younger that birthday parties became a competition to see who could come up with the new and best idea. I'd love to have had something like this for them. It would be a lot of word of mouth business, but of course you need to get a few parties up and running to get it going.

I would say have a go at leaflet dropping. offer an extra incentive for the first 5 to book. After great advice on here I delivered mine on a Sunday and got 4 new clients from it. I splashed out a bit and got the glossy postcards from Vistaprint, but I am sure it made a difference. Then you need to target the right areas, where there is a good demographic of young families. Often the best place is to start in the estates next to the schools. And then target that same area again a few weeks later.

You could contact all the schools in your area and ask if you could have a stand at any of their school fairs, after all this is your target audience. I know you may have to wait a while for the autumn / Christmas ones, but it's all marketing that will increase your business as a whole.

Take a peek at this too http://www.thenailgeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html

Good luck, all new businesses take a while to get going.

do you have any friends who have a canteen where they work? canteen noticeboards are a fab place to advertise...
local supermarkets usually have a 'community noticeboard', even if it costs you a few pounds a month it has to be worth trying, even for a trial period.
why not do a couple of parties free of charge for people that you know, give out your business cards to all of the children, even better to give them to the parents as they come to collect their children after the party if you're still there...
offer an incentive to the 'party girl', a present of some kind and mention it in your advertising.
good luck.

defin concentrate at schools - thats where the children and parents appear 5 days a week.... theres a huge market in the school playground and thats where word-of-mouth is the most circulated amongst the mummies...

its only another 3 weeks or so till the new term starts.. why not use this time to thorougly prepare yourself with planning for the event/ nice leaflets and postcards etc...?

Thanks girls again for your wonderful advice!

Oooh, just thought of another one... childminders...
if you know of any then I'm sure they wouldn't mind 'talking you up' to the parents of the children they childmind, word spreads faster than anything else and people talk, sometimes a lot more than we realise :wink2:

Latest posts

Back